What are we having for dinner Mon, 3/13?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I grilled steaks and onions and roasted potatoes and asparagus. Almost no fat except the marbling on the steaks. DH was gone last week and I didn't cook anything so I thought this would show him I hadn't forgotten (and easy also).

Who cooks three and four course meals at home? (appetizer, salad, dinner, dessert) Anyone that does that at home is good! I would expect that when I go out to dinner, but never do that at home unless it was a holiday.

Anyway, I had haddock, rice, and green bean casserole.

It's not that difficult to make 4 courses, really. It's all about time management and efficiency, is all. Or maybe that's just my thought on it since I so often delve into the land of firepits and smokers. I can spend 16 hours making just a brisket...so blowing a fraction of that on a 4 course meal doesn't seem that big a deal to me. Probably also helps that I've got an 8 burner stove and dual ovens which tends to set it up so I can do everything all at once instead of one course at a time, but in general...if you're efficient with advanced prep work, it's not that big a deal.

We almost never have our meals in courses - even if the food is prepared so. I usually make a meat, potato, pasta or rice, vegetable, and salad. We have our dessert later with coffee (tonight it was oatmeal cookies). I don't make many desserts since dh must watch his sugar intake and I watch my calorie intake. I enjoy my salad WITH my meal, not separately.

PA Baker said:
GB, is Rachel dressing up in a costume?:)
GB said:
I don't think so. Grandma was babysitting her today and was planning on taking her shopping for a costume, but she took an extra long nap today so I don't think they made it out. She has her noisemaker though and she knows how to use it :)
OK I was wrong. Of course Grandma found the time to get her a costume :) I posted a pic in the members Photos section.

i was tired last night, so i just made some linguini, and a simple tomato sauce with fresh basil.
but i was still hungry, so i made a blt with cheese.
lemon sorbet for dessert.

GB said:
OK I was wrong. Of course Grandma found the time to get her a costume :) I posted a pic in the members Photos section.

She's just adorable, GB--and looking so grown up!!!!!
(Mine's 4 mo today and I'm feeling very bittersweet!:rolleyes: )

Happy 4 month birthday Sophie!!!PAB you are coming up on an exciting time. At 6 months Rach went though some real changes. It is sad to see them change so fast, but at the same time it is so exciting and amazing!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom