What are you Baking Today?|2016

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll admit to having a few fall-back boxes of quick bread mix on the supply shelf. I brought up a Pillsbury pumpkin mix and added raisins and walnuts to it to dress it up. For just a couple minutes of work, we had a snack tonight and breakfast for tomorrow. Now if we can just lay off of it and save some for get-away day on Monday...

We buy Pillsbury Cranberry Bread/Muffin mix regularly. SO adds more dried cranberries and chopped walnuts. They're really good for breakfast.

We buy Pillsbury Cranberry Bread/Muffin mix regularly. SO adds more dried cranberries and chopped walnuts. They're really good for breakfast.

Surprisingly, dried cranberries are very sweet. Yet they maintain that tartness to a lesser degree than the whole berries.

Yesterday I made raspberry chocolate chip muffins. They are gluten/dairy-free and paleo. But mainly they are absolutely delicious! You would never know that they aren't made with regular sugar, flour, dairy, or eggs!

I was going to make some more gluten-free goodies today but instead will be trying to sleep off this chest cold.

I have that purple sweet potato pie to bake, unless I am further slaughtered by this darn cold.

LP, if you see this, could you share your raspberry/ choc chip/ gluten free muffin recipe. I know just the person who would like this, and I have frozen raspberries from the garden. Thanks.

Got up before Rob and made biscuit cinnamon rolls, so much easier than yeast cinnamon roll when you are still in your sleepy funk!

Been playin' around making cake mix cookie bars. Today I'm foolin' around making some pina colada-like bars. Used lemon cake mix, soaked some crushed pineapple and shredded coconut in rum. Added those to the cake mix, along with some chopped nuts and a handful of white chocolate chips. I'll ice them lightly with a shield of powdered sugar mixed with milk and more rum. I think I have a winner. Won't know until my tasters give their verdict a lunchtime.

Oops! Wrong place. I'll have to find the "2017 baking" tread.

Last edited:
Couple of days ago my first attempt at Baguettes. Not bad but I think crust could have been a little better. Is titled 4 hour baguettes... and silly me finished up around 9pm that night, after 4 separate hours of rising!
read the recipe... read the recipe... read the recipe... and understand it!

Today I did a loaf in the Romertopf Clay Baker. Wow - very easy - tasty - crusty - soft interior... Get thee in the cupboard loaf! afore I finish you off tonight!

Actually the baguettes would have been fabulour had they the crust of the Clay cooker!

Attachments

• 20170914_202814.jpg
    20170914_202814.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 115
  • 20170914_203935.jpg
    20170914_203935.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 84
  • 20170919_173620.jpg
    20170919_173620.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 80
  • 20170919_174905.jpg
    20170919_174905.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 88
  • 20170919_175145.jpg
    20170919_175145.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 91
Couple of days ago my first attempt at Baguettes. Not bad but I think crust could have been a little better. Is titled 4 hour baguettes... and silly me finished up around 9pm that night, after 4 separate hours of rising!
read the recipe... read the recipe... read the recipe... and understand it!

Today I did a loaf in the Romertopf Clay Baker. Wow - very easy - tasty - crusty - soft interior... Get thee in the cupboard loaf! afore I finish you off tonight!

Actually the baguettes would have been fabulour had they the crust of the Clay cooker!
They are beautiful!! I wish I had a slice with some butter right now. Good job!

But this is the 2016 thread.

You should repost these beautiful loaves in the 2017 thread.

Here is 2017 thread link >>> 2017 Edition - What are you baking?

P.S. Can you post the recipe? Please.

Last edited:
Thanks for the link msmofet, I tried for about 20 minutes to find that link, got so distracted with other threads... well, I guess you know that story :(

Dear Moderators:

Perhaps you could move any posts after 2016 to their proper spots and lock this thread so the we won't keep making the same mistake.

Thank you,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom