What are you baking today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Baked two large loaves of white loaf bread this morning. Yum, the house smelled so good.

Tomorrow I'll bake a couple of loaves of crusty baguette. I like to have at least one loaf in the house to serve with soup or to make melba toast for spreads.

Cherry pie. Normally, I'd pit fresh cherries but this is February..and the cherries aren't even a glint in the trees' eye yet:ermm:. So, I used canned cherries. I tossed most of the juice, added the zest of a lemon, a bit of almond extract, sugar and corn starch. I put some ground almond into the dough, too.

The kiddies weren't banana fans this week, so, I have a double batches' worth of brown bananas waiting to be made into bread today. THEN they will eat thier bananas. Sneaky ain't I? ;)

I have bananas waiting to be made into bread also, hopefully I'll get it made soon. Sleeping days, It just seems like there is no time for anything except sleeping and running DD in the evening.

Oatmeal cookies with chocolate chips and walnuts..and some of the peanut butter,sugar and egg cookies..When I get the peanut butter ones finished will drizzle melted chocolate over them.will be making another version of the peanut butter ones..I picked up some natural peanut butter and will stir back in the oil, then will add splenda and the egg and see how they turn out..
kadesma;)

I baked these yesterday (one of my favorites)

Chocolate Euphoria Cookies

12 oz. semi sweet chocolate chips, divided
3 Tbsp butter
3/4 c. sugar
1 egg
1-1/2 tsp vanilla
1/2 c. flour
1/4 tsp. bkg powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1 Tbsp. milk
1-1/4 c. walnuts

Preheat oven to 350f.
Melt half the chocolate chips in double boiler until smooth (or use microwave). In separate bowl, beat butter, sugar, egg and vanilla until smooth. Sift together dry ingredients. Stir melted chocolate and milk into butter mixture. Mix in dry in gredients, then remaining chocolate chips and walnuts. Drop by teaspoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheet and bake 8 minutes. Yield: 3 dozen
(recipe is easily doubled)

But I need more (the natives are restless) so today I'm making these:
http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/showpost.php?p=159923&postcount=2

But my 15-year old has asked me to sub the chocolate chips for white chocolate chips and to add macadamias as well.

...that batch of blueberry whole wheat muffins were only okay last night. wanted them to be wonderful so tonight, in the oven, sits a coffee cake
with the streusel being made out of the crumbled up muffins from last night along with butter/brown sugar/a bit of flour. it smells great but not sure about the outcome yet, still baking................

Have a batch of NYTimes bread doing it's thing. DH loves it, so easy to prepare, heck, he's worth it! Did add a tiny bit of sugar just to proof the dough, which with the water and yeast, still didn't.:( Hope it turns out, if not, we'll survive. Thank God, soon, Uncle Bob's flour will arrive here so I can make the biscuits. Just kidding UB, seeing if you're awake yet this morning.:LOL:

Today? Only today?

I got the sourdough starter(s) out this afternoon, fed them, put 3 pounds in the fridge, have 2 pounds fermenting for sourdough bread and one pound for baguettes.

Technically I'm starting to bake today but will finish tomorrow.

Today I made Flourless Chocolate Brownies from Nigella Lawson. They turned out wonderful - fudgy, nutty, and rich. Great by itself or topped with vanilla ice cream and chocolate syrup.

If I had used Splenda instead of the powdered sugar the recipe called for, this would have been a real low-carb, sugar-free dessert!

I think I'll make some choc chip cookies. My 4 yr old isn't feeling well today, and he says they would make him feel better. I bet they would!!

I was really lazy and decided to bake some brownies from a box. I used butter instead of vegetable oil and added some milk chocolate chips. Yum.

hey, chocolate is chocolate, some days you gotta have it no matter how you bake it!

Chopstix, those brownies sound divine!

Sofie's swim class was canceled because of all of the snow and ice we're getting, so after being outside to play in the snow at 7 AM (Sofie was up really early, excited about the snow!:rolleyes:) we came in and made some oatmeal-cranberry bars together.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom