What are you baking today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
FYI, homecook (Barb) came by the house and I gave her 4 cinnamon rolls and a quart jar of my sourdough starter. I'm creating another monster...:LOL::LOL:

1,000th Post Sweapstakes. It pays to live near me. Does this mean I post too much? Don't answer that one.

Did Joe just call me a monster??? lol

Yes I did get the cinnamon rolls and sourdough starter. The rolls are outrageous!!! Dh, ds and I each had one and dh will get the fourth one tomorrow morning.
Thanks again Joe........and yes it does pay to live close by.

Barb

baking a 2 LB Artisan loaf to give to my sister and her family . Each time I mix up a batch of 5 min a day , I use different flours, I like to experiment.

maybe some cookies. I dunno. maybe the oven and I should take a rest from each other.....
:)

Individual blueberry pies for dessert for dinner. I'm not a big fan of buying produce out of season but I couldn't resist these blueberries.

Getting ready to make a couple of baguettes for my mother-in-law for her birthday. She'll be 95 on Thursday and asked me to make some of, in her words, "your good bread." I'll make some cinnamon rolls tomorrow. She asked for some of those, too.

Just my boring Italian bread for dinner...

img_781247_0_003bb009266e362baca3c3878ba18fe8.jpg

Old fashioned date-nut pudding. Easy, relatively low fat for a dessert:

Mix together: 1 cup flour, ½ cup brown sugar, and 2 teaspoons baking powder.

Cut in 1 tablespoon butter until mixture is crumbly.

Add ¾ cup chopped dates and ¾ cup chopped walnuts

In small saucepan, mix 1 cup water with 1 cup brown sugar, bring to boil. Add to flour mixture and stir until well incorporated.

Pour into greased 8" X 8" baking pan. Bake at 350 for 30 minutes.

Serve warm with whipped cream and a sprinkle of ground cinnamon.

Read twice, bake once...

I am baking some brownies for dessert tonight, and I thought that the recipe called for a 9x13 pan. It turns out that that pan was for a double batch!!! :ohmy:

I have a feeling that I'm going to end up with a large brownie flavored cookie! :ROFLMAO:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom