What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I've been doing a lot of the spring cleaning activities this week. Of the 16 house windows, only five have been washed and now have their screens. Well, the two porch windows are also clean on the outside - they got a good scrub while I was out washing down the porch. I rarely use my long-handled car washing brush on the car, but it does come in handy when making the porch walls sparkle!

Now on to bake a batch of applesauce-raisin muffins. My across-the-street neighbor is giving our yard its spring cleaning. I want to have muffins ready for him when he's done - along with a check, since this is going over-the-top to help the old folks across from him. :love:

FINALLY!!! Bought a new car! Gave up on ordering one, about this time last year. This morning, I decided to "build" one online...and then searched local dealers...and guess what!? I found one, a step up from what we had been looking for, for less! It has a tiny ding that they have to fix and then the sales rep has offered to delivery her to us! She's so pretty!
smileys-dancing-354201.gif

View attachment 64202
She's here! Arrived about an hour ago. Took me that long to figure out enough stuff to be able to program "Driver #1" settings...sheesh! There's a book for Car Manual and a book for Radio Manual and a Quick Start Up Guide. Already had to use the manual to find the Parking Break! Do you think they make a New Cars for Dummies book????

She's here! Arrived about an hour ago. Took me that long to figure out enough stuff to be able to program "Driver #1" settings...sheesh! There's a book for Car Manual and a book for Radio Manual and a Quick Start Up Guide. Already had to use the manual to find the Parking Break! Do you think they make a New Cars for Dummies book????
Congarats

congrats-congarats.gif

Also, you might want to download the manuals. Sometimes digital format is easier. Easier to search and easier than going out to the car to get it. Also, sometimes easier to read.

Congarats

congrats-congarats.gif

Also, you might want to download the manuals. Sometimes digital format is easier. Easier to search and easier than going out to the car to get it. Also, sometimes easier to read.
DH is STILL out in the garage looking her over. He came in and remarked that you'll never guess where the oil filter is...and still can't find the battery. I texted him a photo of the battery...UNDER THE DRIVER seat...exactly what I told him, but I was only joking!

Three bee hives out, ready soon for bees coming in about a week.
hivesrecyclednew-017.jpg

Mr bliss worked at the Bee Place (takes a class, buys bee equipment) with semi's of bees coming in from different parts of the country. 4 kinds of bees. Friday he was stung 18 times, yesterday only 3-4 times. His one hand is still swollen but the rest of the stings are better.

We were given some retiring supers from an old bee keeper friend, to recycle the wax. An added bonus, some of it was capped honey, so we are squeezing out honey in the old fashioned way, warming/crushing/straining it. These are the old supers, 10 frames per super. Then I'll be using my old electric roaster to boil the wax out and straining it, remelting and straining again, into blocks and molds.

hivesrecyclednew-012.jpg

Went to the storage to look for more train stuff. Took my son as I can lift the boxes and carry them - no problem. But... can't lift them up past my elbow height to put them back.
Found my cake decorating stuff! well, not that I do much of that anymore but at least it's to hand should I want.

I have 5 or 6 (maybe even more) boxes of my Denby Stoneware Dinner Set. None of my kids want. Heartbreaking - only people interested are out west and shipping costs for heavy stoneware is obviously out of the question.
Will have to give it to (equivalent of ) Good Will or some such thing. :(

Went to the storage to look for more train stuff. Took my son as I can lift the boxes and carry them - no problem. But... can't lift them up past my elbow height to put them back.
Found my cake decorating stuff! well, not that I do much of that anymore but at least it's to hand should I want.

I have 5 or 6 (maybe even more) boxes of my Denby Stoneware Dinner Set. None of my kids want. Heartbreaking - only people interested are out west and shipping costs for heavy stoneware is obviously out of the question.
What about a yard sale?

Sorry taxy - don't do - don't go. Only ever done a couple with my SIL and another one with my neighbour - hated them...
I don't care for them either, but I know some people who do.

What about Facebook Marketplace? That would be a local audience. That can have its annoyances too.

Or Craig's list. Just don't have them come to your home in any case.
I don't know if they do it where dragnlaw lives, but some police stations have areas in their parking lots as "Buy and Sell Safe Exchange Zones". That way neither of the two strangers has to meet at their own home or at the home of stranger. And the area is monitored by cctv cameras.

Here's a better explanation. This is for Peel Region, which is a bit west of Toronto, ON.

Last edited:
LOL - it's been on marketplace for about 2 years now. Denby is not cheap and I'm not giving it away although it is a damn good price.

Peel Regional is where my son works. I'll have to ask him. :LOL:
But honestly, for example,
just yesterday, he had sold a pair of snowboarding boots, forgot he had to meet the wife, texted the person, boots on the porch, leave money under the door mat.

With our door camera, I watched the guy come, check the boots over very carefully, leave the money under the mat, go back to the car, and then just sat there forever!
LOL, I figured his wife and/or daughter were in the car and they were trying them on - but really have no idea. They finally left.

But they do this all the time. Leave the item on the porch, person picks it up and leaves the money under the mat.
taxy, I actually bought something that way in St Lazare. Item was on the porch, guy had a box I was to put the money in. Worked for us!

Don't get me wrong, I think it's a great idea.

LOL - it's been on marketplace for about 2 years now. Denby is not cheap and I'm not giving it away although it is a damn good price.

Peel Regional is where my son works. I'll have to ask him. :LOL:
But honestly, for example,
just yesterday, he had sold a pair of snowboarding boots, forgot he had to meet the wife, texted the person, boots on the porch, leave money under the door mat.

With our door camera, I watched the guy come, check the boots over very carefully, leave the money under the mat, go back to the car, and then just sat there forever!
LOL, I figured his wife and/or daughter were in the car and they were trying them on - but really have no idea. They finally left.

But they do this all the time. Leave the item on the porch, person picks it up and leaves the money under the mat.
taxy, I actually bought something that way in St Lazare. Item was on the porch, guy had a box I was to put the money in. Worked for us!

Don't get me wrong, I think it's a great idea.
Wow, that would more than likely never happen here in most areas. Most likely, the item(s) would disappear with no money left. We live in a gated community of predominately older folks and haven't had anything go missing yet, knock on wood, hope I haven't jinxed myself now.

Good story to replace your faith in people though, I ordered some things and they were delivered to the wrong home. Figured I would never see them because the driver apparently didn't remember where he left them and the proof of delivery picture didn't show enough to identify where they were dropped off. Couple days later I happened to be looking out window and see a couple drive up and stop at our home, getting out with my packages. They had come to check on the house of a relative in the hospital and found the packages on the porch.

Dragon,
Can you post picks?
<---- might be able to give them a home ;)

Munky, you do know I'm in Canada, right? I assume you're talking about the stoneware?
here's a picture - I love this set, Shamrock.
View attachment 64269
Willing to move closer to me?
It's a beautiful set. What a shame your kids don't want it.
I would have scooped them up in a heart beat. Just my style. Unique. :)
Never heard of Denby before. Here it's Corel or bust.
Did some looking around while wasting my time waiting for a potential Landscaper to get here. He's late!
You have gold..

Back
Top Bottom