What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
We are up in Caldwell Idaho attending a rally. There are 20 something other like minded nuts that built semi trucks to pull campers. The first picture is our truck. FB_IMG_1560429779954.jpgIMG_20190611_162401.jpg

I've had my 8 yr. old grandson Tyler today since 7AM - we just came in from playing ball in the backyard. Even though the yard is shaded with lots of trees, the temp spiked to 104F, so time to come in. I can't do this much more in this heat....found a movie for the little guy, and Grandma is going to rest and cool off. :LOL:

Last edited:
Cheryl, 104? Geez, we got to 90 and I was outside doing
some weeding earlier, that didn't last too long,
back inside with a glass of Iced Tea! :LOL:

What am I doing?
Well, I finally got Poor Husband (I'm calling him this until he's better)
into the bathtub! :ROFLMAO:
I said that if I made him a bubble bath, he'd get in …
I just so happen to have Lavender Bubble Bath, smarty-pants,
so in ya go :flowers:
He's all clean, smelling lovely (he needed it too :glare:)
He said as I was rubbing lotion on that he'd never had someone else
wash his hair before, well for that matter get him all cleaned up either.
I think he forgets his 4 other surgeries that I was his Attending Nurse ...
What's a Wife for? :winkiss:

As our grandson is visiting from FL, we took a ride along the "rock-bound coast of Maine". We saw lighthouses, had a nice shore drive and a late lunch on the water. Now I'm sitting watching the ballgame and nursing a toothache that started during our trip. I guess I know what Im doing tomorrow.

I've had my 8 yr. old grandson Tyler today since 7AM - we just came in from playing ball in the backyard. Even though the yard is shaded with lots of trees, the temp spiked to 104F, so time to come in. I can't do this much more in this heat....found a movie for the little guy, and Grandma is going to rest and cool off. :LOL:

The first summer I lived in South Texas, there were many days when the temp went over the 100 mark. Anytime I made a comment about how hot it was, all I got was, "Oh you'll get used to it!" The second summer, I was in my third trimester of my pregnancy.

I've been watching my neighbor walking around and kneeling on my sun room roof. :LOL: Himself's back still doesn't feel good enough for him to lug the extension ladder around to wash and squeegee the roof and install the screens. This gave me the perfect chance to get someone to wash it with Glass Plus cleaner and 100% cotton rags. Andrew's doing a great job, getting into the corners where Himself isn't able to wash with his "sponge on a stick". I was going to call our handyman to take care of it, but I saw that our neighbors were back from vacation when I was leaving for grocery shopping. I asked if he was interested in picking up some extra money, and he jumped at the chance. As long as he doesn't jump, or fall, off the fall of the roof, it's all good. ;)

Yikes, getting up on a roof gives me the willies just thinking about it. :LOL: Glad you got someone to get that done for ya, CG.
-------------------------
It's almost 7:30PM here...dinner has been done for a while, and the kitchen is cleaned up. Then I remembered Tyler will be here at 7AM tomorrow so I just made a batch of pancakes and cut up a watermelon. I know he'll want that. Would rather do it this evening instead of 7:30AM. :D:)

Last edited:
I am trying desperately to keep my head up and my eyes open so I can hear the end of my baseball game - it's the middle of the 8th and we're the "away" team. I'm not a morning person, but I had to be up "early" so that I was fresh and dressed before the landscaper showed up today - anytime after 11:00 AM. He and his crew ripped out all the overgrown, wild vegetation in the garden beds, seeded over an area we decided we didn't want as a garden-come-wilderness patch, and mulched what was remaining garden. They moved some bushes, planted a few new trees, and made it look all pretty. It may not be cheap having minions come in to do your bidding, but it sure is quick. Needless to say, I was out for a little bit kibitzing and changing my mind on stuff. Ended up getting my hands dirty in the soil, too, since I pulled apart a couple day lily clumps so that they could plant them back in the now cleaned-out beds. I'm bushed...

Had a 4.2 earthquake here a few minutes ago. Hard jolt, rattled the windows, and a 'boom' sound deep in the earth. It only lasted a couple of seconds. Maybe Mother Nature is celebrating 4th of July. :)

Had a 4.2 earthquake here a few minutes ago. Hard jolt, rattled the windows, and a 'boom' sound deep in the earth. It only lasted a couple of seconds. Maybe Mother Nature is celebrating 4th of July. [emoji2]
I read a few minutes ago that it's now classified as a 6.6! Glad you're okay.

Had a 4.2 earthquake here a few minutes ago. Hard jolt, rattled the windows, and a 'boom' sound deep in the earth. It only lasted a couple of seconds. Maybe Mother Nature is celebrating 4th of July. :)

I read a few minutes ago that it's now classified as a 6.6! Glad you're okay.

:ohmy:
I'm glad you are okay too. A friend had a 6 point something earthquake with risk of tsunami, in near-to-him Bella Bella, B.C. last night.

Mother Nature is not happy.

I'm sooooo glad to hear from you Cheryl!! We felt it here too..at first I thought I was dizzy. With it being 6.5, it's the biggest in 20 years, with zero tornados, hurricanes and blizzards.

Glad to see you are okay too, Kayelle. But, you are further away from that quake than Cheryl, eh?

I am waiting for my new phone to be fully charged. I can fiddle with setting things up the way I want while it's charging. The part I hate, is finding where they have moved the various settings menus.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom