What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
This is the first house I've had that actually does have a dishwasher (moved here in 2012). Well, no, I've gotta take that back. I got my first dishwasher in 1994. The day I married my DH! :ROFLMAO:

People would notice that we didn't have a dishwashing machine and make a comment about it. I would say, I have a dishwasher! His name is Mikey! :LOL:

When I was growing up, living with parents, Mom volunteered for dish duty...if I would do the cooking! True!

Anyway, hard to do without the dishwasher now. I remember a salesman telling me, "A dishwasher is a great place to put dirty dishes!" And, it is! I fill it up as I cook!

I’ve never had or used a dishwasher in my entire life.

And, I take it that works for you, right? I used to think it was a tad on the silly side when a friend would panic over the dishwasher breaking down. Now, I get it. But that said, as I mentioned above, for me, the best part is just having a place to put the dirty dishes, as I work in the kitchen. I don't have to stop and clean up as often. Although, not everything can or should go into the dishwasher. And, I don't want to completely fill it before the meal happens!

Had the Boy Scout Christmas party lock in last night. Always a fun time. The boys played video games all night and the adults played cards. The gift exchange was a lot of fun.

The elf left us some chocolate chips last night. PXL_20211214_122749929.jpg

I've been searching through some old threads looking for ideas and inspiration.

I was totally flabbergasted to see that some of the old threads have attracted well over one million views.

Aunt Bea, there have been times when I am trying to "research" something, an answer or reference of a thread on DC will pop up. :ohmy: Once it was even my own answer!

This has happened with other forums I've been on. Makes for a good chuckle! Gotta love search engines!

A little late but the Tree is up!

About to go upstairs to admire Christmas Tree that was decorated last night.
Have to explain the grands go back and forth between parents every 2/3 days, so last time was tree shopping and erecting. This time, after pizza, the decorations went on. Somewhere in between all that was cookie decorating. Great Fun!

I had cancelled our regular basket order because, we were going to be out of town. So, now that we won't be going to visit my mother in law, I need some groceries and wine. I had to guess at some wines and order other stuff for spending the holidays at home. It will be fun trying out the new-to-us wines and one beer. I also got some stuff for lazy munching.

Sitting here with cats and dog, looking forward to a 4 day weekend (with 2 paid days). I have a stack of movies, hot and cold beverages and all the snack type foods I could wish for. Not moving from the couch...

THAT sounds a great plan PF, can I join you? I'm pooped and in need of a break.

I'll leave the door unlocked, I'm not even getting up to answer the door. Fridge is straight ahead, don't step on cats. The dog is you're best friend, bathroom off to the left, take another left near the bathroom and the guest room is there. The bed is adjustable and we can set up a tv in there with DVD player.

...watching Die Hard....

Thinking about what I need to do for the 2 holiday meals. I'm 3 days behind :ohmy: :ROFLMAO:. AND I need to go back to the store because I forgot a few things. PLUS I need day time cold medicine because as usual I have gotten my holiday gift. Without fail, I am sick for the holidays/end of year EVERY year.

I'll leave the door unlocked, I'm not even getting up to answer the door. Fridge is straight ahead, don't step on cats. The dog is you're best friend, bathroom off to the left, take another left near the bathroom and the guest room is there. The bed is adjustable and we can set up a tv in there with DVD player.

...watching Die Hard....

Oh! Are there 2 guest rooms?

Thinking about what I need to do for the 2 holiday meals. I'm 3 days behind :ohmy: :ROFLMAO:. AND I need to go back to the store because I forgot a few things. PLUS I need day time cold medicine because as usual I have gotten my holiday gift. Without fail, I am sick for the holidays/end of year EVERY year.

Stress and lack of rest will do that to you, MsM! Please remember to take care of yourself too! No one can do that for you.

Sending prayers for healing and strength!!! Take a moment to let them sink it!

Just prepped the ribeye roast for tomorrow's reverse sear. I have dinner roll dough rising on the counter and I'm about to start the lyonnaise potatoes. SO offered to string the cheese.

Back
Top Bottom