What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
We have open water containers all over the deck and the birds go crazy...and we laugh at their antics.

I'm doing the same thing I do almost every day during summer. Gardening, canning, cooking, dehydrating, eating, and painting.

The lemon balm gets cut today, purslane picked for greens, linden sprouts put in pots for trees to give away, the last of the raspberries picked, and picking young turnips.

I've put my machines to work for me!

DH had a bad night. When I got up to check on him about O'Dark-thirty...he told me he finished the Caramel Ice Cream. He neglected to tell me he finished the chocolate chip too. :ohmy:

So, this morning, I started one crockpot with a new-to-me recipe for Chicken with Gravy. The other is another new-to-me recipe for CP mashed potatoes. That one will have the switch flipped to start very soon. DH loves "cafeteria" food and since we don't really have any cafeterias around, I figured this "comfort food" might be just the ticket. All I have to do is make a veggie or salad and, poof, dinner will be done!

In the meantime, this frees me up to work on ice cream! I've got a batch of Caramel churning now. Next, I'll be making a chocolate of some sorts...maybe DH's favorite Super Chocolate...we'll see. I'll package up a pint of each to take to Mom's tomorrow.

Mom has been having a time with the heat, she says. Yet, she wants the AC set at 87 degrees -- shhhhhh, don't tell her, I've got it set to 77! Numbers just aren't her thing, as she ages. Sigh. I'm wondering if I should ask her if I can turn it down to 84...(74!)? I'll likely package up some of the comfort food to take to her too. She enjoyed the "bones" (short ribs) we took over a few days back. I've got to figure out a plan for week after next. Her food service is taking a week off while they update their website...sigh. :(

Ginny, umm you might want to reconsider the temp she has it set at.

With advancing age and if not up and about running around all day, she just may need the warmer temp.

and do NOT ask me how I know... :rolleyes: :mad:

Ginny, umm you might want to reconsider the temp she has it set at.

With advancing age and if not up and about running around all day, she just may need the warmer temp.

and do NOT ask me how I know... :rolleyes: :mad:

Yes, I understand she needs it warmer than is comfortable for me. We had her AC unit replaced a few weeks back. I adjusted the thermostat for the upcoming heatwave. For sometime now, her preferred temp has been 74, but I put it at 77 because she wanted 87. I think I'll ease it back and see how that goes?

P.S. She's worried about the cost. It goes back to how/when she was raised. She doesn't need to worry about the cost...just be comfortable!

Last edited:
Yeah, it's hard to judge because not all bodies will react the same. Good luck. and it's no biggy if she wears a sweater all the time and has a blanker over her legs while she watches TV... ;)

I'm off to do my grandaughter Flyer route... my favourite thing NOT. Can't even take the dog, too much leaving the wagon and walking up driveways for a blind dog and feeble granny to handle. It's not even a big route, barely two streets but it exhausts me.

It was a "meh" day. No interest in doing anything even though I have a LOT of anythings to do! To redeem myself, I did make a batch of applesauce from three wrinkly apples, plus a quart+ of strawberry ice cream. Mostly because the strawberries were getting past their prime. Nothing like rescuing food before it goes bad!

I went looking for some soup for breakfast, only to discover, I'm just about out of any of my homemade stuff in the deep freeze.

IMG_1977.jpg

Good thing I had just been to the market and purchased 2 Turkey drums to make Jook :yum:

IMG_1978.jpg

The I noticed 3 Apples that needed to get used so I made Chunky Applesauce to stir into my bowl of Oatmeal :yum::yum:

What am I doing?
Working for a real ass. Half my age & uneducated.
Some people should never be in charge!

What am I doing?
I would give you a hug if I could reach that far. While older and more educated than me, I worked for a woman who made my work life a living hell. On one exceptionally bad day, I cracked open a bottle of wine that night and proceeded to rant to Himself and drink the wine. The entire bottle. By myself. :ermm: When I called in sick the next day, I was not lying!

Thankfully I was able to move to a position that had me reporting to the other supervisor in the office. Once I was no longer her minion, she was nice to me. Go figure...

What am I doing?
+1 with the hug, but not long enough arms to reach ... :LOL:

I had a supervisor (male) that could be a bit of a butthead.
One my last annual review to receive my pay raise, he did not give me a very good rating, he said because there were days that I didn't wear makeup and I was a little bitchy those days :ohmy: He actually wrote this down! I quit very soon after that.

Washer still not fixed. He said he needs more parts. No clue how long it’s going to take.

I finally gave in and started sharpening my kitchen knives. They were past due. I have five done.

You know how they say that dull knives are more dangerous than sharp ones? I still call BS on that. SO picked up one of my nicely sharpened 4" paring knives and promptly cut her
finger.

Msmofet, call another repairman. We went through the same rigamarole with our HVAC. Repairman said we needed a new board, could order it, then when he returned two days later, he'd left a part on his desk and that was the last we saw of him. Called another repairman who said we just needed a relay, got it out of his truck and within a few minutes he had completed the repair, checked to see if everything was working right, and didn't charge much.
You are the customer, you are in charge. Get another repairman out, and then call the first one and chew him out!

Msmofet, call another repairman. We went through the same rigamarole with our HVAC. Repairman said we needed a new board, could order it, then when he returned two days later, he'd left a part on his desk and that was the last we saw of him. Called another repairman who said we just needed a relay, got it out of his truck and within a few minutes he had completed the repair, checked to see if everything was working right, and didn't charge much.
You are the customer, you are in charge. Get another repairman out, and then call the first one and chew him out!
We paid Sears for a plan. Repairs are no charge and if they can't repair they replace.

We paid Sears for a plan. Repairs are no charge and if they can't repair they replace.

Sorry about your washer msmofet.
We bought a brand new front loader from Lowe's not even 3 years ago.
It quit working in June. Took a video of the problem to Samsung on my phone.I did exactly what they said for me to do, while they watched me do it. Mind you we bout the 5 year warranty plan.

It took weeks to get the parts delivered and a repairman out here.
They had sent me defected parts. Washer was still down.
Called Samsung again, they sent me a part that wasn't needed at all.
2 parts were requested, only the useless 1 was here when after a 3 month wait for a repairman was finally available. This all started in June.

It's August now.I was told it would take 4 repairs before a new replacement would be available.The washer is beyond repair, or for me to even bother with the aggravation of it all.
I'll never buy a front loader again especially a Samsung digital one!

P.S. I gave the useless part to the repairman. Because I could!:huh::glare:

Wish you the best of luck.

Munky.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom