What are you drinking right now?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
crewsk said:
In SC, the liqueur stores must close at 7PM & the sale of alcoholic beverages are prohibited on Sunday unless you own a "private" bar. And we have the 100 yards thing here too.

But at least youre finally getting rid of the silly "little bottle" law!!

Welcome to the free pour world! ;)

John

DampCharcoal said:
Alix, I've been to Toronto and London MANY times and the differences in liqour laws are insane. For example, up until last year the legal definition of "beer" was limited to 5.9%. They relaxed the law a bit and now I see Molson XXX at the store but you still cannot buy a bottle of Sam Adams Triple Bock (17%) here, at least in Ohio. You can buy it in Indiana, that much I know. Whew! I bet the amount of pages in the Federal Tax Code are NOTHING compared to the laws involved in selling alcohol! :roll:

It's worse than that! It's regulated by the states!! :shock:

In Texas, a beer over a certain ABV is an ale, and below is a lager, regardless of whether it's a factually accurate description or not!

John

ronjohn55 said:
crewsk said:
In SC, the liqueur stores must close at 7PM & the sale of alcoholic beverages are prohibited on Sunday unless you own a "private" bar. And we have the 100 yards thing here too.

But at least youre finally getting rid of the silly "little bottle" law!!

Welcome to the free pour world! ;)

John

Tell me about it! Those mini bottles are only good for about one gulp for me. :LOL:

SHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!! I'll share all my really good vodka with you if you don't tell anyone! 8)

Oh, and back on topic...I am going to make some tea because I am frozen!

Alix said:
SHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!! I'll share all my really good vodka with you if you don't tell anyone! 8)

I am listening. What kind do you drink.

Alix said:

Secret is save with me, alix. I am sitting here drinking ice H20 and it is 39 out side and I have a window open. GO figure.

Bang, I drink any that I can get my hands on, but right now I am trying out a new one made in Banff. Very smooth. Warms you right down to your toes. Hmmmmmm....maybe I should toss some in my tea?

Ronjohn, back in the day me and my buddies would actually drive to Detroit to get the good stuff at the Duty-Free store. If we wanted something like Everclear we would drive to Richmond, IN. Alix is right, lawmakers have WAY too much time on their hands! :roll:

Alix said:
Bang, I drink any that I can get my hands on, but right now I am trying out a new one made in Banff. Very smooth. Warms you right down to your toes. Hmmmmmm....maybe I should toss some in my tea?

I just ordered some russian potato vodka. Should be here in about a week.

Alix said:

I thought you were drinking New England Ice Tea :LOL:

DampCharcoal said:
Ronjohn, back in the day me and my buddies would actually drive to Detroit to get the good stuff at the Duty-Free store. If we wanted something like Everclear we would drive to Richmond, IN. Alix is right, lawmakers have WAY too much time on their hands! :roll:

LOL!

My buddy has a bottle of everclear right now. Plus, I love the duty free store. I'll never forget the time we were unpacking after a ski trip to Blue Mountain, and got home and I unloaded a couple of bottles of Barcadi. Noticed we had brought a couple bottles of Cuban rum across the border. OOPS!!!

Drinking a nice cascade hopped pale ale right now - unfortunately, I can tell that the keg is read to kick out. :cry:

John

got the wife outta the house, the baby to sleep, so i'm having a glass or four of rosemount estate shiraz.

DampCharcoal said:
When the keg floats and the tap coughs, bad news is on the way! :( Hope you have a back up!

Alas, it's the last of it. It was supposed to just be a "clean out the stock" pale ale, but it turned out great! But I probably can't make it again! :(

I've got plenty of substitutes though...

John

buckytom said:
got the wife outta the house, the baby to sleep, so i'm having a glass or four of rosemount estate shiraz.

Nice choice!!

Ever had the Penfolds Shiraz? We're fond of that one with Chicago style pizza..

John

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom