What are you drinking right now?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Alix said:
Excellent! I knew I could count on you Julie. I think I read that Smirnoff Ice in the US is a malt beverage...yes? Anyone with a bottle handy to consult?

ME ME ME!!! Yes it is!! It says on the label, Premium Malt Beverage with Natural Flavors.

Woohoo crewsk! Mine says...Vodka mixed drink...Smirnoff Vodka with the taste of lemon.

Ingredients include water, vodka, sugar etc...no malt stuff listed. I guess that is why they taste different.

Hey crewsk (clink!) bottoms up! Wanna taste mine? It is really good!

Mine says something about "impairs your ability to drive or operate machinery," whatever that means. Oh well, back to fixing the garbage disposal! ;)

Alix said:
OK crewsk...another difference...mine is 7% alc./vol. Hmmmm.

They say things are better in Canada, your $ is work more than ours. I am not drinking anything worth mentioning here (h20), but am planning a trip to the liquor commission to get some brandy for myself and any guest who wonders in during the holiday season. I also am getting some vodka to make akaviet

Alix said:
Who really cares as long as there is booze in there? 8)
Alix are you collecting those little yellow sponges? If you are, you're in the news. :LOL:

Liqour laws around here differ from city to city and township. For instance, the town of Sunbury, which is 8 miles away forbids the sale of wine on Sundays. The laws also state that alcoholic beverages cannot be sold within 100 yards of a church. However, wine may be served during Communion (I think that's it) in a church on Sundays. :? Okay, I'm sure there's some legalese involved that eventually makes sense but it's still sounds dumb.

wasabi said:
Alix said:
Who really cares as long as there is booze in there? 8)
Alix are you collecting those little yellow sponges? If you are, you're in the news. :LOL:

I saw that in the news and immediately thought of Alix. I did see an 18 wheeler running north at high speed on I-5 through Eugene with a Canadian plate. Paked full too, and a funny squarehead in the passenger seat. Any comment Alix>

OK guys. I presume someone is stealing Spongebob stuff? I haven't seen the news yet today...have been at work warping young minds instead. Care to enlighten me?

In SC, the liqueur stores must close at 7PM & the sale of alcoholic beverages are prohibited on Sunday unless you own a "private" bar. And we have the 100 yards thing here too.

Alix said:
OK guys. I presume someone is stealing Spongebob stuff? I haven't seen the news yet today...have been at work warping young minds instead. Care to enlighten me?

Someone boosted one of the big Spongebos off of a Burger King...

Currently drinking a Chimay Grand Reserve (Blue label 750ml bottle)

John

OK, things are open everyday of the week here. LOL. I can get booze whenever I feel the urge. I was most surprised one holiday to find the store closed! I guess everyone deserves a holiday, I just wasn't thinking.

Alix said:

Someone is tripping around the USA and stealing the spongebob things off the top of burger king.

Alix, I've been to Toronto and London MANY times and the differences in liqour laws are insane. For example, up until last year the legal definition of "beer" was limited to 5.9%. They relaxed the law a bit and now I see Molson XXX at the store but you still cannot buy a bottle of Sam Adams Triple Bock (17%) here, at least in Ohio. You can buy it in Indiana, that much I know. Whew! I bet the amount of pages in the Federal Tax Code are NOTHING compared to the laws involved in selling alcohol! :roll:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom