What are you drinking right now?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
nope ronjohn, never have. thanks for the tip, will be on the lookout for it.
rosemount is my fav shiraz. next is yellowtail. i usually try to buy american wines, but the aussie's are just too good for the price...

I like the Shiraz. It was pooh poohed when it first came out but I think nearly all variations are worth trying. What kills me about wine is that so many people are quick to jump on a bandwagon (char, white zin) when what they've been drinking is just fine. :? Wine, unfortunately, seems to be about fads.

DampCharcoal said:
I like the Shiraz. It was pooh poohed when it first came out but I think nearly all variations are worth trying. What kills me about wine is that so many people are quick to jump on a bandwagon (char, white zin) when what they've been drinking is just fine. :? Wine, unfortunately, seems to be about fads.

I agree!!

A personal favorite (and not trendy yet - but it's heading there) are some of the white wines from Northern Michigan. They make some excellent reislengs and such in the German style (similar climates). Not overly sweet, with a nice acidity and tartness. Perfect with spicy foods!

John

one of my fav german wines, don't know rhine from reisling, is called a piesporter. piesporter goldtropchen to be exact (if memory serves me right. hey, where's my yellow peppers)

ronjohn, i don't like whites because unless it is very expensive and buttery, most of them taste kinda sour to me. just a personal thing i guess. but light bodied and balanced sweet and acid sounds great.

buckytom said:
ronjohn, i don't like whites because unless it is very expensive and buttery

We have a fan of Malolactic fermentation!! (I'm one too)

It's a process where a bacteria converts lactic acid (VERY sour) into the softer malic acid - Often described as buttery!

There are some Napa chardonays that are like this now, as opposed to the all oak versions that used to be the only choice. Some of the Michigan, Upstate NY, and the Canadian ones are like that too. Also had one (I'll have to see if I can find the label, it was Omega or something like that) that was feremnted with NO oak that was a wonderful change of pace.

Found the bottle today - It's Omrah. An Un-oaked Austrailian Chardonay.

John

crewsk said:
Hot chocolate with Irish cream & mini marshmallows. I'm on a little bit of a marshmallow kick today.

I love marshmallows. Women remind me of marshmallows. Nice and soft.

That does sound good Alix. Is it flavored already or do add a syrup to it? I hope kansasgirl sees this since she's such a maple fan!

It is flavoured already. I think I may be addicted to it. My husband got a sample at a news conference the other day and I have been drinking it ever since. They have a website http://www.rockymountaincoffeeroasters.com/ I am still hinting for this in my stocking, but if that fails I am buying a whack of it for myself. I used to be a die hard butter pecan coffee fan...think I have changed my allegiance now.

Sorry to anyone who tried the link right after I posted, I have the right one now...OOPS!

Coffee brewed with well water. Have to make it extra strong to cover the taste of iron and sulphur. HOO-AH! That'll wake ya up! (ran out of bottled water)

Back
Top Bottom