What are you eating Friday 1/25/2019?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

msmofet

Chef Extraordinaire
The plan for tonight is lamb loin chops, fresh string beans salad & small pasta shells in a homemade Creamy Garlic Béchamel Sauce.

I just got home from work and running errands, but I promised DW that I would get up in time to go get takeout from that Italian American joint down the mountain that's never open (Yogi Berra owns it, I think).

I know what I'm getting: the Pollo Arrabiata (angry chicken), side o' penne. And a salad with aged balsamic.

:yum:

I drove SO to the airport this morning. She's visiting her family in FL fro two weeks. Usually, when she travels, I taker there opportunity to eat stuff she doesn't like such as lamb or certain pasta dishes. This wrist surgery has cramped my style a bit so I'me revising my plan a bit.

I'm going to try a sous vide burger finished in a CI skillet and tater tots tonight. I'll try to post a photo later.

Last edited:
Andy, it would nice if she could delay her trip until your wrist is healed. However, I've see the weather report for the next 10 days. I'd get out of Dodge, too.

I assembled previously prepped ingredients for chicken soup last night. Heading out to grocery shop soon, so all I have to do when I get back is heat the soup and cook noodles.

CG: no need for her to delay. Saw the doc yesterday and he gave me a thumbs up. Now it’s just sit and wait and begin serious physical therapy. I don’t feel abandoned.

Looks good, MsM. :yum:

I had leftovers...nothing to write home about, but emptied some space in the fridge. :)

MsM that looks amaze-balls!

Cheryl, leftovers are always welcomed here!

CG, Chicken Soup sounds good.

Andy, I just saw something on another site about SV burgers, I look forward to your report.

Ross, I thought about starting a pot of Pea Soup, I found a Ham Bone with LOADS of meat on it in the deep freeze :yum:

BT, so dude, when is youz guyz kitchen going to be operational again?
But then, American-Italian joints, especially "Back East" are the BEST!!!

Here in Cowboyville we're having Deluxe Noodle Bowls

deluxe-saimin-bowl.jpg
[file photo]

Saimin Deluxe Bowl with Won Ton, Kamaboko and Char Siu

won-ton-mein.jpg
[file photo]

Udon Noodle Bowl

Last edited:
Beef Filet

39817-albums888-picture7778.jpg
[/IMG]

BT, so dude, when is youz guyz kitchen going to be operational again?
But then, American-Italian joints, especially "Back East" are the BEST!!!

Here in Cowboyville we're having Deluxe Noodle Bowls

View attachment 33272
[file photo]

Saimin Deluxe Bowl with Won Ton, Kamaboko and Char Siu

View attachment 33273
[file photo]

Udon Noodle Bowl

Looks great, K-girl.

We heard today it'll be another 5 to 7 weeks for the kitchen to be rebuilt.

I drove SO crazy today so I have to make it up to her and make her some Fry Day treats..fish and chips.. Cod...

Man, that looks good. As usual. :yum:

We got the Italian takeout: salads, then Dw got grilled sea bass with a "Mediterranean" salasa, and penne. My bot got his shrimp scampi over linguini, and I got the chicken Sorrentino, side of penne.

Last edited:
I drove SO to the airport this morning. She's visiting her family in FL fro two weeks. Usually, when she travels, I taker there opportunity to eat stuff she doesn't like such as lamb or certain pasta dishes. This wrist surgery has cramped my style a bit so I'me revising my plan a bit.

I'm going to try a sous vide burger finished in a CI skillet and tater tots tonight. I'll try to post a photo later.

The burger came out really good as you can see. Next time I'll try it a bit more rare. Also, the new toaster oven does a great job on Tater Tots.

Attachments

• fullsizeoutput_5477.jpg
    fullsizeoutput_5477.jpg
    102.7 KB · Views: 95
Looks good, Andy. And congrats on your doc giving you the thumb-up for your thumb and its same-hand friends.

...We heard today it'll be another 5 to 7 weeks for the kitchen to be rebuilt...
So what they're saying is that you'll be lucky to have it up and running about income tax deadline day. ;) Every builder/remodeler has a strange idea about deadlines...

I sincerely hope you'll be back to cooking in-house in the shortest amount of time.

It was such a pretty day here, I smoked a pork loin roast, and served it with Spanish Rice. SC put together his glorified dinner salads and I topped them with my newly mixed Everything but the Bagel seasoning.

Attachments

• P1250008[1].jpg
    P1250008[1].jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 96
  • P1250009[1].jpg
    P1250009[1].jpg
    83.8 KB · Views: 94
The burger came out really good as you can see. Next time I'll try it a bit more rare. Also, the new toaster oven does a great job on Tater Tots.

Since I like my burger meat more on the medium well side (and smashburger style), I found the sous vide to be kind of a waste of time. It really is better for rarer cooks and thick patties.

CD

Clam chowder for us tonight. It was missing... something. So I finished it with two tablespoons of sweet Marsala. Sherry would have been better, I’m sure, but I didn’t have any. The Marsala did the trick!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom