What are you eating Friday 11/16/18?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

msmofet

Chef Extraordinaire
We had a salad plate - potato salad, egg salad, tuna salad, Kidney & Cannellini Bean Salad, black olives and an iceberg wedge dressed with Ken's Blue Cheese Dressing. Tostitos scoops on the side (not in picture).

salad_plate_111618_IMG_5052.jpg

B/S chicken thighs with tomatoes, olives, and capers, cooked in a (gasp!) slow cooker, served over brown rice cooked in a (gasp again!) rice cooker, nuked green beans on the side. Love my "set and forget" cooking appliances.

Whole grained toast with homemade cream cheese and sliced marinated olives. Crushed potatoes, green beans, mushroom cream sauce.

DH is off hunting with reubens and maybe some spaghetti and meat sauce. Freezing his tail off in a tent at below freezing temperatures. Poor him. While I get 5 pillows tonight. Oh poor me.

Yummy sounding dinners.

I had a pan toasted tuna melt on rye, a few Wavy Lays potato chips, and a dill pickle spear. :yum:

I made a very nice mushroom soup last night, with caramel iced onions deglazed with dry vermouth, a bunch of white mushrooms and some rehydrated shiitake. I died some Marsala, some sage, thyme and nutmeg (‘it’s the season, but I LOVE nutmeg all year round!), and finished off with an immersion blender and some whole milk (it was too thick for heavy cream). By the time I was finished, his nibs was snoring on the couch. So I’m gonna heat that up tonight and make ham and cheese sandwich, wrapped in foil and warmed in the oven. I think I’ll sauté me up some more mushrooms and onions to top it off, too.

I had pumpkin pie guts (baked crustless pp), and a hot dog with mustard and my freezer pickles.

A good size pot of beef stew with celery, onions, taters carrots and big chunks of celery for Pirate. His favorite veggie cooked. Won't eat it raw. We couldn't stop going back to the pot for the broth. My tummy is very full. And so is Pirate's.

Last Night's Pan-fried Shrimps with Rice, under a Kung Pao Drizzle, Triple Succotash (Lima's, Corn, Stewed Tomatoes) and a Cucumber / Onion Salad...

Shrimp, Rice, Kung-Pao Sauce.jpg

It's DH's birthday tomorrow and we are celebrating by having a little getaway in Montreal. Friday we had supper in the hotel's resto, Rosélys. The food was innovate but kinda bland. Actually, the prosciutto, roasted figs, balsamic, and Hercule, de Charlevoix cheese, was good, but not nearly as interesting as it sounds. IMG_20181116_212802.jpgIMG_20181116_212839.jpg

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom