What are you eating Friday April 10, 2020?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Blueberry muffins for breakfast which I bake in the evening before. Coffee with them.

Sloppy joe sammies thru the afternoon.

For dinner my WOK gets a work out. 4/10 was Chop Suey with rice. I can get a lot of mileage with a few veggies, a few cans of bean sprouts (not available in stores now) and a can of sliced water chestnuts or bamboo shoots will make three recipes. So a little goes a long ways, and left overs microwave well.

When I looked up the history of Chop Suey, it seemed to indicate it was a bunch of scraps & leftovers thrown together. If so, it's just right for these times.

Mom had shrimp & oysters, I had shrimp & scallops, we both had baked potatoes and steamed green beans and a side salad. Many-layer chocolate cake for dessert.

Thanks, Dave.
Jeannie and I have recently become fond of this..

Could you list ingredients you prefer?

Ross
They're listed in my first post, #10. I make this with cabbage and noodles. :mrgreen: Salt and pepper. I use butter to fry - each item separately until they get some brown on them, then combine. I usually fry in butter; Mom used to use margarine. I actually did use margarine this time ( I keep a package in the freezer for when cooking calls for it, like Mom's banana bread) and it tasted like old times. [emoji813] I was actually thinking today that next time I should chop up just a bit of a sweet onion and saute that just before I saute the cabbage. Just a bit.

Thanks, Dave.They're listed in my first post, #10. I make this with cabbage and noodles. :mrgreen: Salt and pepper. I use butter to fry - each item separately until they get some brown on them, then combine. I usually fry in butter; Mom used to use margarine. I actually did use margarine this time ( I keep a package in the freezer for when cooking calls for it, like Mom's banana bread) and it tasted like old times. [emoji813] I was actually thinking today that next time I should chop up just a bit of a sweet onion and saute that just before I saute the cabbage. Just a bit.

Thank you.. From the darker green in the photo, I thought that you may have added something other than cabbage and noodles..

Ross

Nope, Ross. The first half dozen leaves on my cabbage were really tough. I chopped them up and tossed into the pot for steaming earlier than the rest of the cabbage. Thankfully, they were all tender when we ate.

Back
Top Bottom