What are you eating Friday, May 8, 2020?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
We have placed an order with our favourite Indian resto, Sahib. They will be delivering around 18:30. I'm starting to get hungry. I'm really looking forward to this. They had shut the resto because of the pandemic, but so many people asked them to open up for delivery and pickup, that they decided to do that. Yesterday was their first day back.

I had a strange dinner - 6 of the meatballs I made the other day and DD also made nicely seasoned stir fried baby bok choy and mushrooms over jasmine rice.

We’re having hot pastrami sandwiches and tater tots tonight. And maybe a beer. Ice cream for dessert.

Chopped veggies, cooked in a "Better Than Bullion" veggie broth with added Ramen noodles..
Chicken gyoza to go with the noodles..

Baked choc chip cookies for later w/Netflix..

Ross

Tonight's Wings, Ninja -Fried, w/ BBQ Sauce, Air Fries, Cheesy Steamed Cauliflower and a salad...

Wings, Cheesy Cauliflower.jpg

We have placed an order with our favourite Indian resto, Sahib. They will be delivering around 18:30. I'm starting to get hungry. I'm really looking forward to this. They had shut the resto because of the pandemic, but so many people asked them to open up for delivery and pickup, that they decided to do that. Yesterday was their first day back.

Food arrived about an hour late. They are bit overwhelmed. It was really good. We got onion bhajis, lamb samosas, papadums, naan (even though we asked for roti, but they have made that mistake before), chicken tikka, and lamb rogan josh. We had our own brown basmati rice with that as well as shandies made of Grolsch lager, a splash of lemon juice, and ginger ale. It was wonderful. I ate too much. There are leftovers, yay!

Well, tonight was finally the night for the "Egg Roll in a Bowl, aka Fancy Crack Slaw"
The recipe I looked at yesterday, was so far removed from I actually did, I'll type up my original recipe from tonight, for anyone interested, but most of all..because I need to remember how to do this delicious easy dinner again.

Attachments

• P5080027.jpg
    P5080027.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 125
Well, tonight was finally the night for the "Egg Roll in a Bowl, aka Fancy Crack Slaw"
The recipe I looked at yesterday, was so far removed from I actually did, I'll type up my original recipe from tonight, for anyone interested, but most of all..because I need to remember how to do this delicious easy dinner again.

Looking forward to seeing your recipe.

Freezing weather here with snow in some areas. Been raining all day long a lot recently.

So I have a stock pot full of 15 bean soup with cut up smoked sausage to go to thru the day along with an iron skillet of corn bread.

I like to start the day with a more robust breakfast of eggs, sausage, grits,
biscuits & gravy.

If the weather was nicer I'd skip the grits and slice tomatoes or stew some sliced apples in bourbon sauce.

we had pork souvlaki tacos..lol..feta, tzadziki , etc..we used up the last of the tortilla shells so they would't go into the freezer and get freezer burned, then thrown out in a few weeks..as seems to happen with those packs of 10..we can never eat them all in one sitting

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom