What are you eating Monday 11/20/2017?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

msmofet

Chef Extraordinaire
I am starting my thanksgiving prep tonight so quick, easy and minimal mess dinners will be served tonight through Wednesday.

Tonight will probably be Marie Callender Beef pot pie for me.

Leftovers at the doghouse. Time to clean out the fridge before leaving town.

CD

The plan is for tostada's but....

The Trader Joe's sample server made me eat a bit of their Puff Dogs and forced me to buy a package... :wacko:

Maybe that avocado isn't quite ready for today's tostada.. Maybe we will postpone to Tostada Tuesday....

A cold beer goes with either.. or both.. :yum:

The peach cobbler is ready tho... ;)

Ross

Chicken tacos..quick and easy..paper plates...

Attachments

• 23772364_10154950079252401_1695749533_n.jpg
    23772364_10154950079252401_1695749533_n.jpg
    76.6 KB · Views: 149
We had short ribs done in the pressure cooker, with beef broth, red wine, and thyme, with fingerlings, carrots, pearl onions, and green beans on the side.

I made a goodly sized batch of Oven Kalua Pork (pig or as I saw someone else here at DC used the correct Hawaiian word, Pua'a :pig:) this afternoon. The exterminator came and as I opened the front door and I got, "Snifffffff - Oh my goodness something smells just wonderful! What are you cooking?" It did smell pretty dang good, even outside! :LOL:
Anyways ...
I had cooked up dinner last night and neither of us felt like eating so, y'know, that's okay, food doesn't go to waste here... (like my Mom would say, "either eat tonight or you'll have it for breakfast!" :stuart:)

fried saimin teri chicken and kalua pif dinner.jpg

Fried Saimin (noodles w/loads of veg and other goodies)
Teriyaki B/S Chicken
Kalua Pork

I just can't stop smacking my lips!

I'll divvy up the pork manana in to serving sized portions and vacuum pack them for the deep freeze. This batch did come out extra ONO!

PSST! I found that using Mesquite Liquid Smoke tastes WAY better than the Hickory!! Much closer to the real deal stuff, IMHO anyways.

WHAT'S FOR DESSERT?!

After 3 straight double shifts, I rewarded myself by stopping by an international food market on the way into work tonight.

I bought a small Camembert from France, 2 large cans of Dolmades (1 each from Greece and Turkey), jars of Cerignola olives and anchovy filets from Italy, grated Romani cheese from Wisconsin, a half pound of Norwegian smoked salmon, and 2 smoked mackerel from Brooklyn.

I've been snacking on the olives and Greek dolmades, yum. Dinner will be anchovies on crackers, the olives and dolmades, and a few leftover fried shrimp with cocktail sauce.

Pulled out a frozen quart package of Cuban Piccadillo, and boiled up some shell macaroni to add to it, rather than rice/potatoes. We really liked it that way.
Skillet asparagus on the side, almost crunchy the way we like it.

After 3 straight double shifts, I rewarded myself by stopping by an international food market on the way into work tonight.

I bought a small Camembert from France, 2 large cans of Dolmades (1 each from Greece and Turkey), jars of Cerignola olives and anchovy filets from Italy, grated Romani cheese from Wisconsin, a half pound of Norwegian smoked salmon, and 2 smoked mackerel from Brooklyn.

I've been snacking on the olives and Greek dolmades, yum. Dinner will be anchovies on crackers, the olives and dolmades, and a few leftover fried shrimp with cocktail sauce.
Sounds good.

You work in NYC, am I right? It's gotta' be close. You can get any kind of food from anywhere in the world there. I'm not sure I'd like to live there (I love to drive my car), but I do love to visit -- just to eat!

Oh, I have driven in NYC several times, but never in a car I actually own -- and care about. :LOL:

CD

Last edited:
Sounds good.

'twas. :yum: I went to the international food market in Lodi on 17, next to National Wholesale Liquidators.

Casey, yes I spend half of my life in NYC because of work. Manhattan Island, exactly. I was born in Brooklyn, mostly raised in Jersey just North of the GWB, but went to college in the Bronx, lived on the west side of Manhattan, and have driven in NYC pretty much every day since 1981.

I've always thought I would be good at NASCAR. I mean what they do is what I call commuting...

Last edited:
'twas. :yum: I went to the international food market in Lodi on 17, next to National Wholesale Liquidators.

Casey, yes I spend half of my life in NYC because of work. Manhattan Island, exactly. I was born in Brooklyn, mostly raised in Jersey just North of the GWB, but went to college in the Bronx, lived on the west side of Manhattan, and have driven in NYC pretty much every day since 1981.

I've always thought I would be good at NASCAR. I mean what they do is what I call commuting...

My last trip to NYC was in July. I spent a week there, and my "home base" hotel was in Red Hook. Next time I'm up there, I need to chat with you, although I did find some really good -- and cheap -- eats on my own.

My mode of travel is usually a rental with the full loss waiver thing, which means I can return it beat to crap. It makes those cabs a lot less intimidating. :LOL:

CD

After 3 straight double shifts...
That's the price you pay for that 5,000+ square foot house. ;)

Fearing ribs for days on end, I pulled a small tub of stuffed cabbage from the freezer. We had that with buttered carrots. Himself finished off my mashed potatoes from Monday night; I had the rest of the slice of Challah bread I didn't finish at the restaurant on Monday. Guess we'll work on the ribs tomorrow. :LOL: BTW, that's a salad plate I'm using for supper. I made the mistake of weighing myself Monday morning...and I meet up with my nurse-practitioner in two weeks. :ermm:

Attachments

• 20171120_215637.jpg
    20171120_215637.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 130
My last trip to NYC was in July. I spent a week there, and my "home base" hotel was in Red Hook. Next time I'm up there, I need to chat with you, although I did find some really good -- and cheap -- eats on my own.

My mode of travel is usually a rental with the full loss waiver thing, which means I can return it beat to crap. It makes those cabs a lot less intimidating. :LOL:

CD

Next ime you're in Red Hook, take the Brooklyn Battery tunnel, and head up the West Side highway to CBS. I'll get some pics of you in an off-air set.

That's the price you pay for that 5,000+ square foot house. ;)

I like to think of it as getting a well cared for wife, and happy, thriving son out of it, too. The house is just a building, but they're my home.

Last edited:

Wow - small world - our corporate office is in Englewood Cliffs. Been there many times. Worked in Edgewater NJ for 2 years.

GaHC, would that be Lever Bros., or Best Foods possibly?

I grew up in Demarest on the Alpine/Cresskill border. I worked many jobs up on the Palisades in the country clubs, from bus boy, to lifeguard, to valet parking attendant.

Back
Top Bottom