What are you eating Monday September 6, 2021?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

msmofet

Chef Extraordinaire
I had my baked beans and rib leftover from dinner last night for breakfast.

DD's wanted Taco Bell for dinner. I had Spinach pie for dinner.

spinach pie_090621_IMG_8588.jpg

I'm making Waikiki Meatballs, or my version of it, anyway, with Jasmine rice. I use my very first cookbook, Betty Crocker's, for the pineapple meatball sauce and then I use a package of Teriyaki Chicken Meatballs, readymade from Costco to complete the dish. Makes quick work of a meal and Mikey (hubby) likes it. Win-win!

The market had a box of big, thick-fleshed Anaheim chiles, so I bought a bag to roast on the grill. Once they're well-scorched, they go into a plastic bag to steam, then cool off in the fridge.

NpfJ6Wm.jpg

Today, I stemmed, cored, seeded, and peeled them, not my favorite job. Once both hands get slimed, I always have to sneeze. But they came out well and are on plastic film in the freezer, for later vacuum-packing. Except for one, that got shredded and will go into a green chile omelette tonight.

Next time, I'll be on the lookout for poblanos.

Himself grilled bone-in strip steaks. I made what is known as chopped wedge salads in our house, steamed broccoli, and nuked russet potatoes that Himself finished off on the grill.

IMG_20210906_200311387.jpg

I was going to serve the last of the leftover Indian resto food, but there wasn't very much and the chicken that was going to supplement it had gone off. I just wasn't in the mood for doing anything else, so we ordered out, from one of the better, local, Italian restos.

DH had "Veal stuffed tortellini and rosée sauce" gratiné and said it was very good. He also decided to try their sausage appetizer. It was good, but it was sausage and a whole bunch of nightshades - tomato sauce and a bunch of bell peppers. I ordered the "butcher's board" antipasto. "Prosciutto di parma, cacciatore, salami picante, speck, parmigiano reggiano, provolone, gorgonzola dolce, grilled artichokes, semi dried cherry tomatoes, fig jam" and slices of toasted baguette. I have had this before and always enjoy it. There are leftovers. The Gorgonzola with the fig jam is soooo good.

We had scrambled eggs & cheese, peanut butter toast, watermelon cubes for me (strawberries for Mom) and 4 Hershey dark chocolate kisses for dessert.

DH wanted to grill some dogs, so that's what we had. I made a quick three-ingredient mac and cheese and we had pickles on the side. Ice cream for dessert.
20210906_201028.jpg

Back
Top Bottom