What are you eating Saturday 9/15/2018?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

msmofet

Chef Extraordinaire
I have Broccoli Aglio e Olio (With Garlic and Olive Oil) over Veggie (Barilla zucchini and spinach spaghetti) spaghetti.

But things can change at a moments notice. LOL :LOL::ROFLMAO::angel:

Last edited:
I'm defrosting a pre-seasoned rack of baby backs and will cook them using the Alton Brown oven method. Baked beans and a salad for sides.

I'm doing a version of Ratatouille, only with ground beef added to make it a one dish meal tonight. We'll have garlic toast too.
I love all the vegetable ingredients and debating if I should make meat balls instead of loose meat. Hmmm...depends on how much time I want to spend.

Himself is off for a night of star-gazing and I'm not waiting for him! I'm nibbling on salad now, will follow it up with a hot ham-and-Muenster cheese sandwich on toasted Kaiser roll. He'll have the same after he gets home.

I'm doing a version of Ratatouille, only with ground beef added to make it a one dish meal tonight. We'll have garlic toast too.
I love all the vegetable ingredients and debating if I should make meat balls instead of loose meat. Hmmm...depends on how much time I want to spend.

I spent enough time and I went the loose meat option. The seasonings were basil/thyme/coriander/oregano and crushed fennel seed, with a splash of balsamic vinegar. I was careful to not over cook the classic Ratatouille veggies and they stayed crisp tender. The addition of ground beef with a few shell pasta in the mix worked out really well.

I wish the picture was as good as it tasted. :yum:

Attachments

• P9150063[1].jpg
    P9150063[1].jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 93
I spent enough time and I went the loose meat option. The seasonings were basil/thyme/coriander/oregano and crushed fennel seed, with a splash of balsamic vinegar. I was careful to not over cook the classic Ratatouille veggies and they stayed crisp tender. The addition of ground beef with a few shell pasta in the mix worked out really well.

I wish the picture was as good as it tasted. :yum:
That looks yummy. Great idea to add ground meat. I used to enjoy ratatouille once in a while, but DH hates it. He dislikes zucchini and eggplant more than I do. I'm not fond of them, but I find that they work well in ratatouille. Oh, forgot, he's also not a fan of tomato that isn't cooked a whole lot.

Both of us are low on spoons, so we haven't been cooking much. Tonight I made a salad and DH heated some pasta sauce; fried some sliced Italian sausage; and served it with fettuccine. Making the salad and washing a few dishes wiped me out. But, it was a very enjoyable supper. I forgot my phone upstairs, so I didn't get any pix.

That looks yummy. Great idea to add ground meat. I used to enjoy ratatouille once in a while, but DH hates it. He dislikes zucchini and eggplant more than I do. I'm not fond of them, but I find that they work well in ratatouille. Oh, forgot, he's also not a fan of tomato that isn't cooked a whole lot.

You made me laugh Taxi.:LOL: I guess you two would pick at my dinner, and find a place to eat on the way home. :ROFLMAO:

cooked a Fred Flintstone Rib eye tonight reverse sear. It was great. Brussel sprouts with onion and bacon for me, bacon wrapped Asparagus for the misses and a small side salad.

I didn't end up having anything last night..had to rush to a playing job from work..two ales and lots of water..I just ate a huge breakfast to make up for it..by the looks of my mid section, I have lots of gas in the tank..

Back
Top Bottom