What are you eating the last Saturday of the year, New Year's Eve, December 31, 2022?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

msmofet

Chef Extraordinaire
new-year-2023.gif

I deboned and roasted a turkey breast. Made all my dips and salads. I'll make stuffing in a bit. Dinner tonight will be late - turkey and stuffing sandwiches, dips, salads, and chips. No pictures yet.

Half a big salad, and a stir fry w/basmati rice. I'm going to boil some potatoes, smash them onto parchment and bake for an hour. It's one of our favorite ways to have potatoes. Smashed potatoes w/ketchup and mustard. Reminds of dates when we would order BK fries, hot, only super hot.
potatoessprouts-002.jpg

A Chef Paul Prudhomme recipe, stuffed mirliton (chayote) with a shrimp and crab butter sauce. There's half of a mirliton underneath, stuffing made with trinity and mirliton, then the crab and shrimp butter sauce on top. As always with his early recipes lots of spices, butter and cream.
20221231_183621.jpg

Turkey & stuffing sandwich, cranberry sauce, olive salad, kidney & cannellini bean Salad, red & yukon potato salad, macaroni salad, and black bean & corn salad.
There was also shrimp cocktail, blue cheese dip, green onion dip, salsa, and chips I didn't get a picture of.

new_years_eve_123122_IMG_0475.jpg

I have a very large chicken, spatchcocked and marinated. It is in the oven on top of a bunch of vegis.
The very large chicken weighed 2.3 kg. that's a bit more than 5 lbs 1 oz. The serving plate it's on is 28 cm (~11") in diameter. The veggies were: sunroots, carrots, celeriac, celery, onion, green beans, garlic, rutabugger, fingerling potatoes, mushrooms, a jalapeño, and a flaming flare pepper. There was some wholewheat baguette for dipping into the drippings. It was delicious and I'm stuffed. There are a lot of leftovers.

There was also some Mateus (Portuguese rosé wine) to go with that.There will be some Henckell Trocken later to cheer in the New Year.

Attachments

• New Year's Eve roasted chicken and veggies, drippings for dipping the whole grain baguette, an...jpg
    New Year's Eve roasted chicken and veggies, drippings for dipping the whole grain baguette, an...jpg
    204.3 KB · Views: 6
  • New Year's Eve, chicken roasted on a bed of veggies, drippings for dipping the whole grain bag...jpg
    New Year's Eve, chicken roasted on a bed of veggies, drippings for dipping the whole grain bag...jpg
    208.4 KB · Views: 8
  • New Year's Eve, roasted chicken breast and veggies, whole grain baguette.jpg
    New Year's Eve, roasted chicken breast and veggies, whole grain baguette.jpg
    163.5 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
We started snacking about halfway through the first quarter of the Ohio State-Georgia game. Saving the Prosecco for midnight, although we might crack it open if the Buckeyes win the game. Buckeyes up by 3 with just under 9 minutes left in the game.

View attachment 63025View attachment 63026
That looks yummy. What's in those tartlettes or whatever those little round things are?

I made Hoppin' John to share with my sundeck buddies tomorrow, so I had to have a small bowl to ensure flavour and quality. Then I had some leftover pepperoni pizza while I watched the ball drop. Someone is ALWAYS dropping the ball around here!

It is raining in Sandy Eggo tonight so I will be going to sleep to the sound of rain in the downspouts, fireworks in thesky, and the usual gunfire in the streets.

Back
Top Bottom