What are you eating Thursday 11/30/2017?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

msmofet

Chef Extraordinaire
I have a flank steak that I may marinate. Sides as of now will be string beans and Spaetzle and potatoes.

The last of the last turkey and fixins has bit the dust tonight becoming individual Thanksgiving shepherd's pies.

See you next year for more turkey delights.

Flank steak (marinated in EVOO, soy sauce, pressed fresh garlic and spices) cooked on the cast iron stove top grill pan and string beans with spaetzle, parsley, chives, onion and bacon.

marinated_flank_steak_112017_IMG_3485.JPG

I'm going to mix leftover refried bean-salsa-lime juice dip with diced turkey and make quesadillas. I'll also make salad with a vinaigrette dressing made with cider vinegar.

Our new Costco here in Central/Northern Arizona carries Stromboli, were as at the store we went to in Southern AZ sold Calzone.
Anyways, I had never noticed until yesterday at our new Costco this lovely, easy, throw in the oven-you're-done sort of meal option, next to the rotisserie chickens, before...
Stuffed with Cheese, Marinara, Ham, Pepperoni, Sweet Italian Sausage, Salami... OY! I can feel the heartburn already... loads of Pepperoni.
Served with wine for moi and diet Coca Cola for DH.

002.JPG

Ummm
Didn't pay-attention to the fact that this is a bit on the large side for just people, only that I didn't have to make it :LOL: (that's a 1/4 sheet pan its on)

Oh well, I'm sure that this will be just as good cold tomorrow for lunch :yum:

DW made Pad Thai from a box, but we doctored it up with chicken, scallions, crushed peanuts, mung bean sprouts, and cilantro.

I topped mine with a healthy amount of homemade fremented Sambal that a coworker made. Hot stuff, but so delicious.

The facility cook thinks she's funny. I asked for a double portion of her excellent ham and bean soup...when I went to pick it up she had given me a quart of it...it might take me all night but I'm going to eat all of it.!

:ohmy: Kay, you are one of the very few here other than me, that thinks ham and pineapple is pretty darn good on a pizza. :yum:
Me 2, me 2! Kayelle, next time sub out sliced almonds for the bell peppers, and give it an extremely light dusting of cinnamon. Yum to the Oh! Cinnamon on pizza might not be your thing, though, so if you try it, do it on just one slice.

I made the rounds of three grocery stores today, and not a big shop in any one of them ($36, $12, and $16.50). By the time I got to store three, I had lost any interest in cooking. Good thing I was buying sliced American cheese from the deli there to go with the bread and tomatoes I bought at store two. I tossed in a carton of Capt. Parker's Clam Chowder, made grilled cheese sammies, and called it an old-school meal (we don't do tomato soup here...). I made one sandwich with tomato slices, the other with bread-and-butter pickles, and cut each in half. Split between us, we each had a little Christmas on our plates - white cheese and bread, red tomato, green pickles. :santa:

Attachments

• 20171130_213236.jpg
    20171130_213236.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 147
We had our Rusty Pelican salad, steamed shrimp, hard boiled eggs, grape tomatoes, white mushrooms, red leaf lettuce, with the RP's copycat homemade honey mustard dressing.

Back
Top Bottom