What are you eating Thursday November 25, 2021?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

msmofet

Chef Extraordinaire
Breakfast - poached eggs, ham steak, turkey sausage links, turkey bacon and Mimosa.

thanksgiving_breakfast_112521_IMG_8947.jpg

um..

msmofet, that's more than I will be eating the entire day. :ermm::LOL:

Small bowl of cherrios & peach slices.

A limited 11am snack of cheeses, salami, olives & peppers, a portion of onion dip with wavy chips and a couple of crackers.

Turkey dinner which I won't eat much but, take lots home. ;)

Pie, a small slice of 3 different kinds. :angel:

Ross

um..

msmofet, that's more than I will be eating the entire day. :ermm::LOL:

Small bowl of cherrios & peach slices.

A limited 11am snack of cheeses, salami, olives & peppers, a portion of onion dip with wavy chips and a couple of crackers.

Turkey dinner which I won't eat much but, take lots home. ;)

Pie, a small slice of 3 different kinds. :angel:

Ross

That was my hubs plate. I had half the amount. I don't like turkey sausage or turkey bacon. My plate was a small of piece ham, half a muffin and eggs.

That was my hubs plate. I had half the amount. I don't like turkey sausage or turkey bacon. My plate was a small of piece ham, half a muffin and eggs.

Was just teasing. ;)

Its amazing how little Jeannie and I eat these days.

For holidays, we like a dab of everything but, not much of anything.

Ross

I finished my dishes last night - just cleaning up today, and taking them to a friend's house for Thanksgiving. Not sure of everything we are having, just what I am taking. I made a batch of corn/sorghum flour bread, for the gluten free stuffing, and made them with several herbs from the garden, mostly fresh sage. I baked a small ramekin of the butterscotch butternut pie custard, as it didn't quite fit in the crust - plus, I had to sample it to make sure it was OK. ;) I took it out after about 20 minutes. Oh that stuff is good!!! I added some scotch to 1 1/2 c heavy cream, to whip, come dessert time.
Butterscotch Butternut Squash Pie, before putting it the oven. by pepperhead212, on Flickr

Finished Butternut Squash Pie, for Thanksgiving. by pepperhead212, on Flickr

Gluten-free stuffing, made with corn/sorghum bread. by pepperhead212, on Flickr

Regular stuffing, made with pain de mie. by pepperhead212, on Flickr

For breakfast, I had a Laotian style omelette, using a LOT of chopped dill - this is why I made it, as the dill was taking over my hydroponics, and no cuisine uses dill in the amounts that Laos does. It used 2/3 c dill to 2 eggs, plus some garlic, scallion, and fish sauce. The garlic is cooked briefly, and everything else is mixed, before being added. A delicious omelette!

Last edited:
I made breakfast bread pudding for today, with apples, breakfast sausage and raisins, and set out some snacks for the guys to munch on while watching sportsball lol Dinner at a local restaurant at 5:30.
2021-11-25-15-18-11.jpg20211125_131936.jpg

It's only 2:30 and dinner is done. We had ours buffet style.

We are all stuffed and will nap through the football game.
Pie will be after naps. [emoji6][emoji16]

Ross
IMG_20211125_122234553.jpgIMG_20211125_131212910.jpgIMG_20211125_131646484.jpg

Our table. and I ate a bit of everything, and didn't feel like I was about to explode, at least until that last glass of sparkling grape juice, Desert will come in a few hours. Everything tasted great. The only things I would have changed, there would have been mashed rutabaga, and egg nog.

I miss my mom and stepdad, two of the best people I've known in this life. I owe them thanks on this dat to be thankful, even though they no longer live in this mortality.

Seeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Attachments

• 20211125_142310.jpg
    20211125_142310.jpg
    88.2 KB · Views: 43
  • 20211125_142326.jpg
    20211125_142326.jpg
    99 KB · Views: 34
  • 20211125_142319.jpg
    20211125_142319.jpg
    85.6 KB · Views: 42
  • U.P. Michigan.jpg
    U.P. Michigan.jpg
    22.2 KB · Views: 34
Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday because it is all about the food, just like me!

Breakfast - Double espresso, Grape-Nuts Flakes with banana, toast with butter and jam, Ovaltine, Caffe Americano

Thanksgiving Dinner - roast turkey, of course, with apple, Italian sausage, and fennel cornbread stuffing, mashed potatoes with gravy, whipped sweet potatoes, sufferin' sucotash, sourdough dinner rolls, and pumpkin pecan pie for dessert. I think that covers it.

The apple, Italian sausage, and fennel cornbread stuffing and the Sufferin' Succotash are my personally created recipes and a Thanksgiving tradition for as long as I have been doing Thanksgiving. It IS stuffing, but it doesn't go inside the turkey, it goes under the turkey, Julia Child style. I dismember the turkey, cook the breast by itself for 30 minutes, put the prepared stuffing in the roasting pan, then place all the turkey parts (parts is parts) on top of the stuffing, so the juices drip down onto the stuffing as it cooks, and roast it all for about an hour and a half, until the breast is 165o and the thighs are 180o. I've prepared it this way every Thanksgiving for at least the last five years, and it comes out delicious every time. It also makes the turkey a lot easier to carve!

I got a great deal on a fresh (no thawing required) butterball turkey; 13 pounds for $17.00, delivered right to my door, which ain't easy because I live on the 4th floor of a secure building, so unless they can catch a ride on the elevator with a tenant, the poor Amazon Fresh delivery person has to schlep my groceries up 4 flights of stairs!

Turkey breast and legs. Only took 1 1/2 hours to cook on convection roast.

turkey_breast_legs_112521_1_IMG_8954.jpg

turkey_breast_legs_112521_2_IMG_8953.jpg

Thanksgiving dinner (this is hubs plate, and he didn't finish it all).
Turkey, gravy, stuffing, sweet potato casserole, creamed onions, sautéed mushrooms, mashed red potato and turnip root, glazed carrots, green bean casserole (no soup or mushrooms), Brussels sprouts, homemade cranberry/orange relish (uncooked), homemade whole berry cranberry sauce (cooked) and olive popper. And a glass of Asti.
Dessert to come.

thanksgiving_dinner_112521_1_IMG_8958.jpg

thanksgiving_dinner_112521_2_IMG_8960.jpg

Just like Snoopy and the Peanuts kids, we had popcorn and dry toast.

Just kidding! [emoji38] We nibbled cheese and crackers during the afternoon, along with a veggie and pickle/olive platter. We then reheated the leftover turkey, stuffing, and gravy. We made fresh mashed potatoes, green beans, and sauteed Brussel sprouts. Opened a fresh can of cranberry sauce. Brownies for dessert because both my SIL and I forgot to get apples yesterday so I could bake a pie. No room for dessert for a while...

IMG_20211125_182337413_HDR.jpgIMG_20211125_182310856_HDR.jpgIMG_20211125_182703044_HDR.jpg

No turkey here. Canadian Thanksgiving was weeks ago.

I made the chicken, Italian sausage, and vegis tray bake that I had intended to make yesterday. Got all the prep done yesterday, before I ran completely out of spoons. It was really good. The vegis were: yellow beets, rutabugger, fartichokes, carrots, onions, an entire bulb of garlic broken into cloves, and daikon radish. Much to my dismay, I discovered that the half a celeriac I wanted to add had gone off. The chicken was marinated for close to two hours in EVOO, oregano, thyme, salt, and a splash of lemon juice. One half of a chicken breast, one drumstick, two Italian sausages, and 4 cups of vegis. There are no leftovers. :pig: We did enjoy that meal.

My plate, with the drumstick and a tiny piece of chicken breast.

Chicken, Italian sausage, and vegis tray bake, Linda's plate.jpg

Stirling's first plate, with most of the chicken breast.

Chicken, Italian sausage, and vegis tray bake, Stirling's plate.jpg

We had goat cheese in blueberries and a tub of Alouette Cheese with assorted crackers. Homegrown lettuce with cherry tomatoes and a red wine vinaigrette, cheesy garlic cornbread biscuits, roast turkey breast, roasted root veggies (added beets to it this time, great choice!), mashed potatoes, dressing, gravy, two homemade cranberry sauces (one with pineapple, one with peaches and spices)...dessert was a Willamette Strawberry-Rhubarb pie, but no one had room for it last night! It was good, served it buffet style to save some dish washing. Everyone ate their fill!

We had goat cheese in blueberries and a tub of Alouette Cheese with assorted crackers. Homegrown lettuce with cherry tomatoes and a red wine vinaigrette, cheesy garlic cornbread biscuits, roast turkey breast, roasted root veggies (added beets to it this time, great choice!), mashed potatoes, dressing, gravy, two homemade cranberry sauces (one with pineapple, one with peaches and spices)...dessert was a Willamette Strawberry-Rhubarb pie, but no one had room for it last night! It was good, served it buffet style to save some dish washing. Everyone ate their fill!

Oh, man! I forgot all about MIL's steak! Yep, I made her a steak so she didn't have to eat Turkey since she's "off turkey" now. Seems that "off" means bored with poultry. I just popped a filet on the panini grill and it did the work. Simple enough and just the right touch of "I heard you"? Although, she kept asking, "can I have" this or that. I kept answering, "of course you can, have anything you want!" I did slip some turkey in her to-go bag. It was good turkey!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom