What are you eating Tuesday 12/5/2017?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

msmofet

Chef Extraordinaire
My plan is stovetop grilled marinated flank steak, potatoes and tomato and onion salad.

DD will be staying a little later at work so dinner will be late. I have beef barley veggie soup cooking in my Instant Pot at the moment. That will be late lunch.

Going retro today..

I'm making linguica sandwiches as learned in 1962 when I moved to a small town with a heavy Portuguese population..

Fried linguica slices on mayo spread sour dough bread.. That's it... My comfort food... :yum:

Jeannie's "Bird Seed" (sesame) cookies with cold milk for later..

Ross

Those stuffed peppers look and sound delicious, Andy.

I've got a pot of split pea soup gently simmering on the stove, with a little chopped ham, carrots, onion, and celery. I'll be having a bowl of that goodness, with a slice of garlic toast and a few grape tomatoes on the side.

Instant Pot Beef barley soup was lunch and dinner.

A one skillet dinner of a Greek inspired meal of shrimp, rice, onions, green peppers, tomatoes, and of course feta cheese. Green salad on the side.

Back on the road again. I was a nice break while my wife had her knee replacements, but full bore now for the next 2-3 months. Aurora IL is the city of choice now. I only get to read about what you guys are cooking..........Jealously I might add.

It finally got cold enough to make gumbo. I vacuum sealed and froze the leftover meat and bones from our Thanksgiving turkey, and added some andouille sausage I bought in Port Arthur a few weeks ago, and my homemade tasso. The veggies are the traditional "trinity," plus the "pope," galic, and okra. The heat came from cayenne peppers that are still growng in my garden in December.

Served with some white rice.

CD

Attachments

• Gumbo12-17.jpg
    Gumbo12-17.jpg
    121.1 KB · Views: 114
Delicious looking food, especially the calamari, and a happy look on your face... Win/win... :)

Ross

Here's what's funny Ross, this restaurant does not have Calamari Salad on their menu !!! :LOL:
DH says to me, "What did you order again? I didn't see that on the menu."
My reply: That's how a real cook eats out! They have House Salad, small or large, I chose small. They Have an appetizer of Fried Calamari. The tables next to us kept staring at my salad like, "where she get that? I would have ordered that!" HA!
I asked that cook please put the Calamari atop my salad as a single plate ;)
Although it was a bit of a crowded plate... DH and I came to the conclusion that next visit he'd order a large Caesar Salad (which is fantastic!), saving half for me and I'd order just the Squid.
We'd asked that all three plates come out at the same time, but I suppose it got lost in the translation somewhere, as DH's salad came out LONG before the Pizza and Calamari did.... I think the kitchen had some issues last night, `cuz there were far too many diners (every table was filled with folks waiting outside) without any food in front of them, although many of us ordered a 2nd cocktail while we waited :cool:

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom