What are you eating Wednesday 11/29/2017?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Unseasonably warm today - 59 F! Went for a bike ride, did some yard work, and will make a warm weather dinner tonight. Shrimp on the grill, white basmati pilaf, green salad.

Must-goes. If I have time or interest, I'll make toss salads, too.

No dessert. Must see nurse-practitioner next Wednesday. :ohmy: Vacation...Thanksgiving...a general disinterest in reducing calories...who-boy, am I gonna be in trouble...

Stovetop grilled lemon herb marinated chicken breast, long grain and wild rice side dish, marinated mushroom caps and salad with creamy balsamic dressing.

lemon_herb_chicken_112917_IMG_3470.jpg

I butterflied a 1lb. Dolly breast and did the flour/egg/panko thing (twice), but this time I added some TJ's French Fried dried onions to the panko crumbs. Fried them up till golden crispy, removed to keep warm and topped with a pan milk gravy from the skillet drippings. Good golly, it was good with a baked spud and a green salad.

I went to Kroger today for a few items, and checked out the Manager's Specials, as usual, and found a Kroger Simple Truth package of meat labeled as a pork loin chop, in a pineapple ancho chili marinade. It was a buck-99. Easy purchase.

When I went to grill it, it came apart into about five pieces, almost like it was sliced for sandwiches or tacos. Okay, so I grilled it, and served it over the wild rice I already had prepped for cooking.

I'm not sure what to call it, other than good. It was very tasty. The meat was very tender, and the pineapple ancho marinade was very nice. I did add a generous amount of black pepper before I grilled it. But, the pineapple flavor was a definite positive.

Another kitchen surprise, this time a good surprise. I wish I would have taken pictures, now, since it would be easier to show than describe. Oh, well.

CD

I butterflied a 1lb. Dolly breast and did the flour/egg/panko thing (twice), but this time I added some TJ's French Fried dried onions to the panko crumbs. Fried them up till golden crispy, removed to keep warm and topped with a pan milk gravy from the skillet drippings. Good golly, it was good with a baked spud and a green salad.

MMM!
When I first started to read about your supper, I thought that you you were making Chicken Katsu :yum: and wondered where the Katsu Sauce was ?
Tonkatsu Sauce (Japanese-Style Barbecue Sauce) Recipe | Serious Eats

Wonderful sounding dinners, and great pics. :yum:

I had leftovers this evening from last night - slow cooked cubed chuck roast with soy/garlic/ginger sauce over rice, and steamed green beans.

I had my book club meeting last night. I was not feeling greatly inspired, so I made a dip with refried beans, salsa and lime juice and took chips for dipping as my contribution to the potluck. DH had leftover Chinese.

I made ground pork hash with lots of mushrooms, onions, and peas. TB had his with mini potatoes and tomatoes with and I had mine plain.

Back
Top Bottom