What are you eating Wednesday,April 19, 2023?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

medtran49

Master Chef
Ropa vieja, arroz, frijoles negros.

20230419_182337.jpg

I made a tray bake of chicken breasts and roasted onion sausages. There was other stuff in the tray bake: fingerling potatoes, sunroots, one shitake mushroom in quarters, and some o Iyster mushrooms. The vegis were seasoned with cumin, smoked paprika, and salt and tossed with EVOO (Extra Virgin Olive Oil). DH didn't care for the texture of either kind of mushroom, but said the oyster mushrooms were mild tasting, but with a bit of that mushroom flavour that he doesn't care for. He liked the flavour of the quarter of a shitake mushroom that he tasted. I liked them both, especially the shitake. I have had shitakes before, but never really paid attention to their specific flavour. I'll have to do some more testing of the oyster mushroom flavour and see if I think they are worth the higher than button mushroom price. DH said that everything came out perfect. I thought it was pretty good too. There was also a salad of curly lettuce, green crisp lettuce, yellow bell pepper, celery, carrot, shaved red onion, corn kernels, and peas, dressed with some of my batch vinaigrette.

Attachments

• Chicken, sunroots, 'shrooms, and fingerling potatoes with a salada sm.jpg
    Chicken, sunroots, 'shrooms, and fingerling potatoes with a salada sm.jpg
    167.1 KB · Views: 4
  • Roasted onion sausage, chicken, sunroots, and 'shrooms, with a salad sm.jpg
    Roasted onion sausage, chicken, sunroots, and 'shrooms, with a salad sm.jpg
    177.7 KB · Views: 5

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom