What are you eating Wednesday August 7, 2019?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

msmofet

Chef Extraordinaire
Brunch was perfect Eggs Benny (I love my new OXO Egg Poachers).

eggs_benedict_080719_1_IMG_6071.JPG

eggs_benedict_080719_2_IMG_6073.JPG

eggs_benedict_080719_3_IMG_6075.jpg

August 7

Crawfish shrimp and cheesy grits. Sharp cheddar in the grits. Red, yellow and green bell peppers, onions, garlic, homemade andouille, bacon, butter and seafood stock, and crawfish obviously.

Attachments

• 2019-08-07 18.16.16.jpg
    2019-08-07 18.16.16.jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 128
Potato salad with potatoes/peas/broccoli/pickles with cannelli bean dressing. Strawberry dressing on cantaloupe/tomatoes/lettuces/wheatberries.

Sous vide split chicken breasts at 150 F (first time). Chicken was terrific - moist and tender. I should have had the CI pan a little hotter to give a better sear - next time. Sides were roasted cauliflower and pasta salad.

Had a craving for kielbasa. So I made seared baby red potatoes, onions, sauerkraut and the said sausage. Satisfied the craving and there's enough for another meal. Yeah!

Had back-to-school cupcakes for dessert.

Sous vide split chicken breasts at 150 F (first time). Chicken was terrific - moist and tender. I should have had the CI pan a little hotter to give a better sear - next time. Sides were roasted cauliflower and pasta salad.

Isn't that the best chicken!?

Had a lot of little green sweet peppers. Made Spanish rice with green peppers and zucchini. I don't eat after 3:00 p.m., so this was for the Elders.

Stirling is off at a role playing game, so I had supper on my own. I had a salad and a couple of chicken drumsticks roasted in the toaster oven. Yum.

I laid in a supply of leftovers so I could do fun things like laundry and cleaning. [emoji849] I did bake muffins today and had mine with salad for supper. I tossed in some of the grilled pork tenderloin from a few days ago into my salad.IMG_20190807_215149475.jpg

I made the Buffalo wings I was going to make last night, but didn't. Very tasty, and not overcooked like that place with the Owl mascot.

CD

SC had his leftover Egg Foo Yung and Jasmine rice.

I had a "new to me" salad that was just terrific, and I'll sure make it again. He will love it when his mouth is healed.

Bed of chopped romaine
Sliced strawberries
Dried cranberries
Walnut pieces
Crumbled Cotija cheese (I don't like Feta)
Dressed with:
Balsamic vinegar
a little Dijon
a little honey
S&P
mixed with my best private reserve olive oil.
Sorry, no picture.

Last edited:
I love salads with fruit in them, Kayelle. Himself, not so much - but he eats them in lieu of starving (as if :rolleyes: ) or having to make it himself. If you have leftover rotisserie chicken, it's really good in a salad like that. :yum:

I love salads with fruit in them, Kayelle. Himself, not so much - but he eats them in lieu of starving (as if :rolleyes: ) or having to make it himself. If you have leftover rotisserie chicken, it's really good in a salad like that. :yum:

I thought of using some kind of protein CG, but I really loved it without.

What would have gone perfectly with it is a side of bacon wrapped rare Filet Mignon. :LOL:

Last edited:
Isn't that the best chicken!?
It certainly was! I used the water displacement method to purge the air from the Ziploc freezer bags, which doesn't get all of the air out with irregular shaped items like bone-in chicken breasts. I'll have to put together a couple more clip on weights to keep the bags submerged. I'll also be getting a smaller transparent container, as the Nano takes a while to bring 12 quarts of water up to 150 F, even starting with hot tap water. I like the transparent container, as it's easier to make sure that the bags are completely submerged.

Back
Top Bottom