What are you eating Wednesday July 3, 2019?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

msmofet

Chef Extraordinaire
DD and I went to D Mart (Indian food store) yesterday and I picked up spices. We decided to make Homemade Butter Chicken AND Homemade Naan bread for our lunch. Hub and other DD not into Indian food.

So here is our first try at homemade butter chicken and naan bread.

homemade_butter_chicken_naan_070319_IMG_5964.JPG

We had Wawa Italian subs for dinner.

I'm inspired by Casey's post about Chef John's Ba'Corn. That's what's for dinner tonight and I'm topping ours with shrimp. SC will make us some salads.

Pictures later..

Pinto bean onion salad, brown rice with cauliflower and broccoli.

Pork tenderloin on the grill, Cheryl J's black bean and corn salad. I dry brined the pork for 6 hours, and then marinated it in bottled balsamic vinaigrette dressing for an hour. Dry brining had a noticeable effect on the pork.

We had pulled pork on baguette, with sauerkraut and a no tomato bbq sauce. There was also pickles. The pulled pork was frozen and from a reasonably local pig farm. The bbq sauce was quite good. It was the first time I made it. I didn't see the point of adding the water (except the stuff to dissolve the mustard). It seemed to work just fine without. I will tweak the recipe some next time, like more crushed peppers. Of course, I already increased the amount of garlic. This is the recipe I used: https://www.grit.com/food/recipes/no-tomato-barbecue-sauce-recipe-zmrz13sozgou

Does anyone know a good reason to add the 3/4 cup of water? Any suggestions to thicken the sauce a bit? I was wondering if buzzing it with the immersion blender after it has simmered would thicken it up a bit.

Himself was in charge of supper tonight - it was to be chicken and corn on the grill. Then the landscapers showed up. By the time they left, we decided we needed to do a Lowe's run, he figured he'd stop at Harbor Freight while we were in the neighborhood, and I ran into Aldi for milk and about five other things. On our way to our final stop, he suggested we get something from our local pizza shop. We picked up our favorite, a steak bomb calzone - basically a mash-up between a Philly cheesesteak and calzone and delicious!

Chicken, corn, etc on the menu for the Fourth.

I made baked beans with hot dogs in them. I tried a new recipe online and really didn't like it as much, so I think from now on I'll stick to my recipe and make this in my crock pot.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom