What are your favorite donuts?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I love jelly donuts, and boston creme donuts (same as custard filled with chocolate on top), and a cup of coffee with it!

Oh yeah, custard filled chocolate covered. I drive a block out of my way so I don't pass the donut shop cause if I do, I can't resist the temptation.

I've heard of Krispy Kremes but never tried them. What the heck are tractor wheels :blink:

I'm with ya, GB!!!

but my favortie is glazed old fashioned,
oldfashionedopt.jpg

and buttermilk bars.
and of course, they must be with coffee or a giant glass of milk.

amber said:
I've heard of Krispy Kremes but never tried them. What the heck are tractor wheels :blink:
wagon wheels are also known as kruellers (hope i'm spelling that right) anyway my favorites are glazed croissants, honey buns, and custard filled with choc on top. also like lemon filled.

any kind, any where, any time :LOL: But my bestest favorite is cream filled with chocolate on top. See ya, I'm going for a short drive...
kadesma:ROFLMAO: and drooling:excl:

My problem is that "Donutman" is open 24 hours a day...and I have gone there at 11pm with a serious need for sugar!

I failed to mention that my glazed old fashions of course, are great freshly made, but I also love them directly out of the freezer. Anyone ever try this? They're still kind of soft, but quite chilly and the sugar glaze is crunchy. Mmmm!

The donut that's in my hand and travelling towards my open mouth is my favorite. After that, my favorite donut is the next one.:mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Uh oh - are the old fashioned ones the same as the tractor wheel? If not it's the old fashioned I like - some places have sour cream old fashioned donuts too - they are wonderful! It's not the one with the firm, yellow cake-like texture - it's the one with the more crumbly texture that's more white.

(can you tell its been awhile since I had a doughnut???) :(

I'm with Bang, I love a good Apple Fritter
or Custard filled with chocolate frosting
or a lemon filled one... or an old fashioned glazed one
or applesauce or or or... oh heck. I like them all!

jkath said:
I'm with ya, GB!!!

but my favortie is glazed old fashioned,
oldfashionedopt.jpg

and buttermilk bars.
and of course, they must be with coffee or a giant glass of milk.
jkath those look like sour cream cake donuts. that's what we call them here anyway

Back
Top Bottom