What are your favorite pre-made beans?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Im a Heinz kinda guy. Have eaten them most my life. When I think of baked beans, thats what goes through my mind. I've tried making my own, which come out good, but im always comparing I to Heinz.

A few years back, when we were driving through Tennessee, we stopped off at " Bush's Beans Visito Centerr" ( yes it exists). Im always looking for more off beat things to do in addition to the things you have to do when visiting somewhere. We bought many different varieties of Bush's beans than you normally would find in the grocery stores.

With Scandinavian parents, I never grew up eating beans. I have tried various kinds of pork and beans, and I just don't care for them. I once enjoyed some bear and beans. A friend made it with her home grown, never dried beans.

Interesting! Thanks for posting this point of view!

We get wonderful dry beans, heirloom and exotic, from Ranco Gordo and I pressure cook batches and freeze them. But for quick stuff, like lunch quesadillas, I like these:

AXBNAOQ.jpg

Deep red kidney beans in a rich sauce, not sweetened. There are varieties with jalapeños, sweet onion, etc. Recommended.

I'm love B&M original flavor. Then I doctor them a bit.

Back
Top Bottom