What can I make with a glut of chillies please?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Poppi G. Koullias

Senior Cook
(loyaty free image)
img_934531_0_ce22562c1cdcc51609b76172eb976436.jpg

We have a large bush of the above, Bolivian rainbow chillies.
Are they hot? Or, just the red ones?

From DC we have already made sweet chilli jam (excellent!)
Chilli jam (another sweet version, also excllnt)
Liutenitza, which I've made using romano peppers/chillies

I want to make more chilli jams, chutneys etc and would be grateful please if anyone could find me any recipe.

Thank you.

Never heard of those so I Googled them. They will all be hot, as it says on the page. THey will all be hot, as it say

Thanks Dave! I was looking also at Bankok chillies which we seem to have growing as well. They'll be very hot.

The sweet chilli jam came out beautifully. The sugar tooks away much of the heat. being diabetic though, I cannot eat it which is why I love vinegar pickled chilli peppers, and the liutenitzas are just fine.

(loyaty free image)
img_934584_0_ce22562c1cdcc51609b76172eb976436.jpg

We have a large bush of the above, Bolivian rainbow chillies.
Are they hot? Or, just the red ones?

From DC we have already made sweet chilli jam (excellent!)
Chilli jam (another sweet version, also excllnt)
Liutenitza, which I've made using romano peppers/chillies

I want to make more chilli jams, chutneys etc and would be grateful please if anyone could find me any recipe.

Thank you.

When you get a chance I would really like to see some snapshots of all the peppers from your garden. What other exotic varieties do you have? Picutures please!

When you get a chance I would really like to see some snapshots of all the peppers from your garden. What other exotic varieties do you have? Picutures please!

Tomorrow (weather permitting) I will be glad to, though many of the chillies have already been picked and made into jams, pickles and preserves.

Sa Cha sauce.

Thanks for that! :)

Today we've had such bad weather that the storms broke many of our flowers including the chilli plants. I've since picked all the chillies which are being threaded into lenths to be dried. I am sad not to be able to share those pics which you reqeusted. Hopefilly maybe next summer, then.

Peppers from ornamental pepper plants like the one you pictured are not only edible but grow well indoors in flower pots. You might want to plant some mature seeds from your harvest

Thanks for the tip.

We have many deeply red chillies, "mature", and I think that's what we'll try next time because we have a big greenhouse and a conservatory, too.

Back
Top Bottom