What did you eat at your wedding?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I ate peanut M&M's from the cake table and drank punch. I was having too much fun to eat anything else!

My wife and I did not want to have a stuffy wedding, we wanted people to feel comfortable to come to the reception in shorts and t-shirts (since that's what we were going to be wearing) so we had a luncheon in my parent's backyard. The night before I prepped/burried the pig and potatoes (and threw in a couple salmon as well) and then we had rolls and a bunch of salads. So all in all, we had Kahlua (sp) pork, salmon, potatoes and salads. It was great! We got so many compliments and the pig turned out INCREDIBLE!

How did I miss this thread? Oh well.

HH and I got engaged in August and planned a wedding for October. Reserved church, selected wedding party members, etc. Notified family members, who promptly purchased plane tickets to Memphis for October. HH discovers he is being transferred to Florida almost immediately, so we move wedding up to Labor Day weekend. Wonderful MIL and SIL spring for cake and champagne, we marry in their family room, and most male attendees leave festivities early to participate in the first day of dove hunting season.
We have brunch at the Peabody Hotel the next day with my sister, BIL, and neice, who managed to get from Chicago to Memphis for the wedding.

We move to FL, but decide to hold reception in Memphis in Oct. anyway.
Invitations said "bring your lawn chairs." Whole-hog pig roast ensues, with copious amounts of keg beer, black-eyed peas, and other side dishes. Friends chip in to rent a Porta Potty for the occasion as a wedding present. Keep my mom and her sister from California up all the night before helping to roast the pig, telling stories and bad jokes. California cousin buys red wax lips for everyone attending the bash to wear.

Much more fun than a sit-down with monogrammed napkins that nobody takes home anyway!

I just got married last Oct 1/05. We had a buffet with chicken, prime rib, parisian potatoes, salads, manicotti.... other stuff to, and of course there were the standard deviled eggs, cheeses and deserts.

Well, the 1st time around, it was the typical buffet table, carving table, yadayadayada.

2nd time around I did NOT want my parents to pay for another wedding for me, even tho they would have. Instead, my husband-to-be & I flew to the beautiful (& back then fairly rural) island of St. Lucia & got married on the beach. Our hotel supplied a lovely cake & champagne, the hotel concierge "gave me away", & since we had no friends or family with us, we invited everyone on the beach, along with the local volleyball team which was practicing at the time. It was pretty funny because we were one of only 3 English-speaking couples at the hotel - but everyone was GREAT!! A party is great at producing a "universal language" - lol!!

The ceremony & party just ended when it began to rain, & we found ourselves in one of the covered/open hotel bars enjoying brilliant blue Cointreau/rum orchid-decorated cocktails "on the house" with a lovely German couple who didn't speak much English, but did manage to convey to us that "rain on one's wedding day was good luck".

We'll be hitting 17 years this coming August, so they must have been right!!

well, I should still remember, as it is not one year ago... ;o))

we celebrated at a small restaurant outside hannover, the Bergasthaus Niedersachsen
We had
- carpaggio from salmon filled with wolffish on roquette balls with lemon vinaigrette
- home made ravioli with spinach and ricotta served with basil-tomatoes
- french poularde in fennel-vermouth-jus with vegetables of teh season and mashed potatoes
- various deserts, e.g. tiramisu, panna cotta, creme brulee, mousse au chocolate etc..
they served it in small pots, so no mashing in a bog bowl and everything still looks good...
have to look if I find pictures of it... found it ;o)

Attachments

• deserttisch.jpg
    deserttisch.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 224
Last edited:
We had:
Golden chicken sandwiches (a hot sandwich made of chicken breasts, celery, cream of celery soup and american cheese)
Roast beef sandwiches
Potato salad
Mac N Cheese/corn casserole (sounds funny but one of our faves)
Veggie and fruit tray
Finger jello
Cream cheese mints
Pretzels dipped in white chocolate (showing that we tied the knot)
Chocolate cake
Raspberry filled white cake

:) 10 years ago.I decided to get married 3 days before in a tiny private ceremony.Had the reception 3 days later and I made everything and lots of it.I had help to reheat as I did prep ahead.
My brother made the wedding cake with fresh flowers, horse shoes and barbed wire icing.
My Menu from what I can remember was all appetizers
Cheese and Cracker Plate
Crudite platter with dips
Salad
Baby Back Ribs
Shrimp Cocktail
Brie and Crab Encroute
Buffalo Wings
Beef,Ham and Turkey sliced with small homemade rolls and the mustards and mayo on the side.
Argentine Empanadas
Potato Salad
Spanokopita Triangles
Tortilla Chips,Guacamole and Salsa
All my favorite finger foods
Beers,Wine and lots of champagne. I know there was more types of appetizers but I just cant remember.
Any way it was enough for everyone to take home a big plate after wards
Wow!It brings back memories.
Of course since I cook for a living I went Ape S**t
Personaly I think that is the perfect menu for a wedding lots of different things to apeal alot of people

I wonder what I'll serve at my wedding. I guess it will depend on how much money the groom has. If it were just my money, white castle cheeseburgers.

For my first marriage, I made a wedding "cake" out of different size rounds of cheese, covered in a "frosting" of cream cheese. Served that with assorted crackers, grapes, other assorted fruit and wine. We were broke and had to pay for it ourselves, and this was cheap. Plus we froze the left over cheese and ate it for a year.

We got married at 11:00 a.m. with just my brothers, mom, dad, and minister present. We went for lunch in a private diningroom att an upscale restaurant. I remember the pears that were carved like swans, and little else. I'd have to watch the video!

Hmmmm. I eloped. Got married at Toronto City Hall. Two Catholics married by the JP who was a Rabbi. Witnesses were two city hall clerks. We dropped the Rabbi off at home after. I think we grabbed Chinese takeout on the way home. Ate it on the floor of our apartment because all of the contents were in a shipping container en route to Italy. We moved there a few days later....

Last edited:
We were married by a state JP. He did a beautiful ceremony, but I think was at least a little dismayed that husband and broke into giggles at one point. We were pleased that when we returned to Hawaii years later to find that good man was a judge who specialized in child advocacy. It is always nice to know that there are good people out there.

ooh, ehoort really had a great idea for a wedding cake--cheese rounds w/cream cheese, grapes and crackers, wine--so much tastier than real cake!! (imo)

we had our wedding reception at a restaurant called scandia. it was run by a swedish couple, and we were served swedish meatball dinners. they single-handedly served the sixty-odd guests. i still remember the delicate meatballs and the white cream wine sauce--very special.
neither the restaurant nor the marriage survived in the long run....

We got married by a marriage commissioner in our back yard under an apple tree with my sister and his best friend as witnesses. We planned the whole thing in five hours (long story around a family feud that lasted 6 years after we were married).

After the commissioner left, we barbequed steaks with baked potatoes, mushrooms, Caesar salad and bacon wrapped asparagus. My sister brought the "wedding cake", an awesome turtle cheesecake.

The meal and the wedding were so simple and relaxed I can remember every detail.

Last edited:
We had a wonderful wedding at my Grandparent's farm outside in a beautiful green yard. We were young and didn't have much money so people gave us gifts for the big day. One Aunt made the silk flowers. Another relative made the cake, etc. It was on a Friday evening in August (evening so it wasn't so hot). We just had cake after the ceremony and opened our gifts (something that doesn't happen any more, but something that was very special). Afterwards we stopped by our hotel room to change and then went to Red Lobster. When we were ready to leave we realized that my groom had forgotten his wallet in the room when we changed clothes. I was sitting at the table waiting for him to get back from the hotel when my mom and my sister and her family walked into the restaurant. It took some explaining to get them to believe that he really was coming back! :D It's been almost 32 years since that night and he hasn't left me alone since.

We had a wonderful wedding at my Grandparent's farm outside in a beautiful green yard. We were young and didn't have much money so people gave us gifts for the big day. One Aunt made the silk flowers. Another relative made the cake, etc. It was on a Friday evening in August (evening so it wasn't so hot). We just had cake after the ceremony and opened our gifts (something that doesn't happen any more, but something that was very special). Afterwards we stopped by our hotel room to change and then went to Red Lobster. When we were ready to leave we realized that my groom had forgotten his wallet in the room when we changed clothes. I was sitting at the table waiting for him to get back from the hotel when my mom and my sister and her family walked into the restaurant. It took some explaining to get them to believe that he really was coming back! :D It's been almost 32 years since that night and he hasn't left me alone since.

or his wallet either, let's hope.:) lovely story, plus love....

vitauta said:
or his wallet either, let's hope.:) lovely story, plus love....

Yes. His wallet has, for the most part, stayed with him. :) Thanks for noticing the love...there is a lot of love at my house. I am one lucky woman!

Mom was trying to get a hold of Grandma before the rushed ceremony at the courthouse. Grandma worked at the hospital, two blocks west of the courthouse and lived two blocks east. Mom missed her, so it was just The Judge, Mom & Dad, my brother, Shrek and I. Mom reached Grandma afterward and we all met at a Mexican restaurant. I don't know what everyone else had, but I had beans, rice, Beef burrito and sopapillas.

PrincessFiona60 said:
Mom was trying to get a hold of Grandma before the rushed ceremony at the courthouse. Grandma worked at the hospital, two blocks west of the courthouse and lived two blocks east. Mom missed her, so it was just The Judge, Mom & Dad, my brother, Shrek and I. Mom reached Grandma afterward and we all met at a Mexican restaurant. I don't know what everyone else had, but I had beans, rice, Beef burrito and sopapillas.

Wow. You still remember what you ate. I can yell you are still young! :D

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom