What did you eat Thursday, February 23, 2023?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

msmofet

Chef Extraordinaire
No one started a dinner thread yesterday, or did I miss it? (Delete or merge if necessary)

Fried chicken strips, mashed potatoes, and steamed corn off the cob.

chicken_022323_IMG_0710.jpg

No one started a dinner thread yesterday, or did I miss it? (Delete or merge if necessary)

Fried chicken strips, mashed potatoes, and steamed corn off the cob.

chicken_022323_IMG_0710.jpg
@msmofet, I’m curious about the breading on your chicken strips.

Do you use a commercial product or is it seasoned flour?

I’m a bit jealous, mine never look like that!

Looks great. How did you season the meatloaf?

This is a take-off on a popular Armenian (and other adjacent countries') kebab recipe. Look for "Luleh Kebab". I seldom make the kebab but have used this recipe to make burgers and meatloaf. I use garlic, onion, cumin, allspice, parsley, tomato, S&P. I also add eggs and breadcrumbs so it will hold its shape.

This is a take-off on a popular Armenian (and other adjacent countries') kebab recipe. Look for "Luleh Kebab". I seldom make the kebab but have used this recipe to make burgers and meatloaf. I use garlic, onion, cumin, allspice, parsley, tomato, S&P. I also add eggs and breadcrumbs so it will hold its shape.
Sounds yummy, thanks.

We ordered Greek food Thursday. I had a lamb souvlaki platter. DH had two old fashioned gyro pitas and an order of steak fries. The old fashioned gyro is made from slices of meat put onto the spit, rather than seasoned ground meat mix. I tasted it and it was very good. We thoroughly enjoyed that meal. I didn't bother taking pictures.

I made a pot of creamy chicken and wild rice soup. I added some sautéed mushrooms and baby spinach for extra nutrients and interest. After we were full, I still had enough for two quart-size yogurt containers for the freezer plus enough for a small bowl each for today's (Saturday) soup and sandwich supper. 20230223_210043.jpg

Back
Top Bottom