What did you eat today Sunday August 29, 2021?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

msmofet

Chef Extraordinaire
BBQ county style rib (cooked in oven with house blend rub, then SBR sauce under broiler), creamed spinach, store bought macaroni and potato salads and steam bag spring veggies.

country_ribs_salads_082921_IMG_8526.jpg

Sunday Brunch – I'm starting the morning with a couple of espressos, then pulled pork carnitas and egg enchiladas with red sauce and shredded Mexican four cheese blend, refried beans, and Mexican yellow rice (not to be confused with Canadian yellow snow. You're not supposed to eat that!). Add a La Marca Prosecco and orange juice mimosa, and one cappuccino, and I am ready for a nap!

Sunday Dinner – Chicken fried steak with mashed sweet potatoes and country gravy, Italian beans and greens, and a 2017 Latue Tinto Tempranillo – La Mancha, España.

Last edited:
We had leftovers from the Indian resto delivery we got on Friday. More of our own brown basmati. Dang, that food is delicious. We tried out a new-to-us beer, Hollandia. We really like it. Beer goes really well with Indian food. We don't drink beer often.

Because of Covid, we´re basically in solitary confinement - at home, of course, but little or no social contact. Therefore, we try to make Sundays a special day; do some salmon, make something different, crack open a bottle of wine, etc.
Today, I think the isolation is getting to us. Nothing special except the (half) bottle of wine. Except I craved a salad, so I made beetroot, potato and egg salad with a horseradish dressing; tomatoes with balsamic glaze; fresh bib lettuce with homemade ranch dressing, and a few bits of cheese that were lurking in the fridge.

Tonight's dinner was Spaghetti Alfredo (no fettuccine in the cupboard). Cucumbers in sour cream on the side.

8E8CB4D0-43CC-4F53-A4E1-3F51CA52A147_1_201_a.jpg

We had a version of Shepherds Pie, but with ground beef. Even managed to get Mom to have it for both lunch and supper instead of the ever-present grilled cheese.

Fresh tomato soup, from our greenhouse tomatoes, onions, butter, a bit of flour, roasted red pepper and garlic, thyme, and a bay leaf. Creamed with an immersion blender and garnished with fresh parsley.

gyY2h9h.jpg

Rustic white bread, butter, and a glass of zinfandel rosé.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom