What Did You Eat - Tuesday 30th Sept?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
we wen out to a local steakhouse for my birfday.

they have a huge salad bar, so we started with huge salads (what else?) with some delicious liver pate and homemade raisin walnut bread.

then, dw had cedar plank salmon and garlic mashed spuds, my boy had a butcher steak and shrimp with a side of sweet potato fries, and i had the double cut, rare prime rib with garlic mashed.

dessert was a molten lava cake with vanilla ice cream, and a candle on top. :)

Half a bag of frozen 3 color bell peppers from Trader Joe's. Canned pineapple chunks. Stir up a pineapple sauce with spices, add arrowroot to thicken it, add onion chunks, then bake it all with a large chicken breast and pineapple chunks. Served over rice.

and... how'dit turn out?

Hey Hi Uncle Bob. Nice to see you again.

CW, my day was so boring compared to yours. I'm not complaining though! Hope you ended up with a good night's sleep tonight.

Make pulled pork burritos from the last of our pulled pork. Himself and I decided it was wasted since you couldn't tell it was there with the other ingredients. Then again, what we had was more like a rolled taco, full of goodies it was. I also made a bit of rice and beans (and corn and salsa) for a side.
CG--my day was EXHAUSTING. And, I did put on bleach/paint stained scrubs and tackled de-skunking the Saint Bernard. That was around midnight...and, the scrubs were left outside, I "hopped" back inside in my b'day suit. My nearest neighbour is over 1/4 mi away and would have needed night vision goggles and probably binoculars to have seen that..Living in the country is an adventure in life that only ends when you leave the house feet first in a pine box (or, according to some native cultures, feet first in a pine box out the window that faces west).

Last edited:
:ohmy:Gotta keep my eyes peeled for the pasta police!:ohmy: We had pasta carbonara with out any eggs and lots of cream!:angel:

img_1390862_0_85c861c71ef6a7e80a5cef812ad5826b.jpg
I tried out a recipe for Warm Fig Salad - it had lightly grilled figs (intensified the flavour), added to a plate of parma ham, torn up mozzarella, watercress, harissa dressing and toasted hazelnuts. It was a wonderful combination of complimentary flavours and textures. I ate it with a crusty baguette spread with boursin.

(My first attempt at a photo here....think I need to edit it on photobucket rather than vivitar image manager)
img_1390862_0_85c861c71ef6a7e80a5cef812ad5826b.jpg

Try to bring it down to 4x6. It fits so much better. :angel:

The Pirate bought me a pepperoni/mushroom pizza and for himself he had a Shrimp Alfredo Pizza.

And now he is sick as a dog. He has got the flu. All day he was complaining of his stomach feeling upset. I kept ignoring him. Last year he got the flu shot and then got the flu the next day. Why am I always the one who takes care of the flu patients? Right now he has a nice high temperature. I have to try to get some liquids into him. Such joy! :angel:

Back
Top Bottom