what dish that you make fills you w/ pride?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

luvs

Master Chef
one of mine is my home-made spinach fettucini. i have that with my marinara sauce and mussels. you would swoon if you tasted it. plus it has excellent eye-appeal.
i used to make these excellent chocolate truffles when i was a teenager, too. they were sooooo good.
i don't really use recipes; i just kind of improvise, as i'm sure many of you guys do.

ok, can't resist, i guess a dinner of lion meat. get it, fills you with pride? :LOL: :LOL:

ok, sorry, i'll go away now...

OMG bucky! You don't even want to know where my mind went with that one!!! :LOL:

Anyway, i don't have just one dish that fills me with pride. All of them do when I see my family enjoying what I've cooked. It just makes me feel good when they enjoy my food.

you are getting that Mom look right now, guys. gotta imagine me with the raised angry-Mom eyebrow and saying that 'i-did-NOT-just-hear-that-come-out-of-your-mouth,-did-I? thing' that Moms say in that rhetorical manner.
BTW, just a thought...
WHY do Moms say that? i mean, they OBVIOUSLY heard you say what you just said, hence the fact that they just asked if you said it.
you gotta love 'em... :D
can't WAIT to have a baby or 35. or more.

that's about the time that they start learning those words, crewsk, lol. i used to take care of like 8 kids, all intermittently...
i am still recovering from the when i used to baby-sit them all at the same time.
that was NOT easy, LOL.
they fought, they all wanted something different for dinner.
and this one night the baby let out one of those explosive baby poops, and i needed to call the kids in from the yard, but i had to clean this baby poop up first cause i couldn't leave her by herself and i didn't have any clean clothes to put on if i picked her up before i cleaned her up, you know? she was screaming and nothing would soothe her, oh my goodness, was that a night.
that was a LOONNNNNNGGGG night.
i had some beers after i finally got them to go to sleep and the parents all got in.
my point was, they learned to swear and i had to correct them. lol, i got carried away with that one and forgot my own point. OOPS!

Luvs you would be amazed at what some 4yr. olds know! I worked in a Child Development Center for 5 years & was a K4 teacher for 3 of those & I was continually shocked! It's scary to think that by the thime most kids today reach Jr. High, they will know more that some adults about certin subjects, if you know what I mean.

crewsk said:
I don't know why we say that luvs. I find myself saying that a lot lately! My son has picked up some interesting words in 2nd grade!
HA! wait till 9th grade....OMGOMG - fortunately, my son has always felt he could talk to me about anything, unfortunately this year - the "anything" happens to include girls, sex, girls, kids smoking cigs and pot [which he says (at this point) he will not do] and these conversations take place wherever we happen to be - "oh mom did I tell that..." yikes!

i sooooo know what you mean. i used to listen to those guys talking when they were supposed to be sleeping, and the things that they would say...
i used to just shake my head and laugh and then go say, 'get to sleep, you guys. bedtime, i mean it'

I once caught 2 little boys doing some pretty bizare stuff for that age! I had to have a confrence with the parents & they got mad at me for going into the bathroom & checking to see why it was taking them so long!

JRsTXDeb said:
crewsk said:
I don't know why we say that luvs. I find myself saying that a lot lately! My son has picked up some interesting words in 2nd grade!
HA! wait till 9th grade....OMGOMG - fortunately, my son has always felt he could talk to me about anything, unfortunately this year - the "anything" happens to include girls, ***, girls, kids smoking cigs and pot [which he says (at this point) he will not do] and these conversations take place wherever we happen to be - "oh mom did I tell that..." yikes!

just saw this thread. man, oh, man.
i am now old enough to say what i did as a teenager to my Parents, and if you could see the look of shock on thier faces when i think of something i did and let them know about it!
i'll be like, 'Mom, you DO know that we used to (not gonna say the actual words, here,, but it rhymes with 'shake 'n bake...) before school, don't you?' and she'll be like, 'um, NOOOOOOO, i didn't!'

My dish would have to be my Bolognese Sauce. I have people call me up out of the blue and ask when I am going to make it again. I now have to quadruple the recipe anytime I consider making it so I can give some to all my friends and family.

just finished with chicken francese with angel hair pasta and asparagus gremolata. it's very easy and the kids love it, too. i took a plate to the widow across the street [she's in her 70s and doesn't cook for herself much]. she always has fresh coffee for me.

Well, I make a mean Moussaka ... even one of my sons who doesn't like lamb loves it.

But what fills me with pride the most is when my Mom, or one of my two aunts, asks me for the recipe or how to make something. Before Dad passed away and he asked me to make some things for him because I could make them taste like his mom used to make them.

Back
Top Bottom