What do you cook when you don't feel like cooking?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Let's see,
blt's and soup
breakfast, scrambled eggs, sausage links, toast
I usually make about 6 pasties at a time so I grab a couple out of the freezer and along with a quick salad that's it
we make a quick run to Catfish House for dinner :)
Crockpot of my dad's beans, bread, salad
any leftovers from sundays on mondays :)
kadesma

When I don't feel like cooking, I cook up a reason to get myself invited over to friends' houses. :LOL:

Late last night we returned from a sorely needed two week vacation; the travel took forever.

We arrived home, feeling very goofy, after having been up for about 22 hours. The trip included a nine hour plane flight in very cramped seats with an incredibly upset baby in front of us. (The noise was neither the child's nor the parents' faults, and we felt sorry for both of them. But it did not make for a positive experience).

When we got home the choice was boning and stuffing quail as an appetizer, home made gazpacho, a standing rib roast with Yorkshire pudding, and tiramisu for dessert, or tossing some dried pasta into a pot with water, and topping with jarred tomato sauce.

It was a tough decision, but we finally decided upon the spaghetti.

In the past. when coming home, we would call for a pizza delivery. But now we live so deep in the shrubbery that only one very well known pizza delivery company will come out this way. And frankly, we cannot abide their product, even when loaded with everything.

Believe me, we are not pizza snobs. We have our preferences, but if it vaguely resembles a pizza we like it (perhaps someone should start a thread about delivery pizzas).

Pasta with sauce and cheese from the box may not seem like much of a feast, but it was quick and filled our bellies.

I never put my nose up at the pizza delivery guy.... I love pizza too much! :D

This isn't exactly the healthiest meal, but it fills the belly and tastes great when I'm not in the mood for cooking. Ya gotta try it. You'll be converted.

Make a PBJ using your favorite jelly, honey, or whatever. Butter the outsides of the sandwich and grill until golden brown on both sides, just like a grilled cheese sandwich.

Another favorite is to put hot-dogs on skewers and cook over the flame on my gas range. A bit of bread and ketchup finishes the meal. If I want to get extravagant, I'll throw som pork & beans in the microwave.

And then there are those great home made deli-style sandwiches, and filled pita pockets, or maybe some scrambled eggs, or even better, some poached eggs on toast (using the posaching pan of course). And who can forget a can of greasy tamales, or Habitant Canadian-Style Pea Soup?

The list goes on. I used to love Kraft Macaroni & Cheese with boiled hot dogs. But alas, I can't eat it much any more (heavy sigh).

And a favorite comfort food from my boyhood, potted meat mixed with salad dressing (Miracle Whip), and sweet pickle relish on white bread (a rare treat.

And there just isn't much that will beat a cold left-over spaghetti and sauce sandwich, or even just the meat sauce.

Seeeeeya, Goodweed of the North

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom