What do you use your juicer for?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kitchenelf

Chef Extraordinaire
If so, what kind and do you like it?

Would you rather have gotten a different one?

What all do you use it for?

I've been thinking about them but I want to make sure we would use it.

I have a large Vitamin Juicer, as an average chef, it would have never been worth the $80.00 retail price tag, but has been worth every penny of the $2.00 garage sale price I paid. As a cater & home brewer of beer, wine and mead, the $80 price would have been well worth it. If i were only using it for home juicemaking and had to pay retail I would have gone with a much smaller unit for both space and cost concerns.

Mine thuroughly seperates pulp from huice and there is much to do with both pupl and juice. When making apple or pear juice I often freeze the pulp for marmalade making later. Carrots provides carrot juice whch is something I would have never purchased before but now mix with OJ all the time and save about 90% of the cost associated with carrot juice. Also the shredded pupl makes great carrot cakes, breads and muffins. The juicer is also the best way to rid cucumbers of their excess liquid for making tzatziki. i also separate juice from pulp of many other veggies for making vegetable stock. The pulp roasts up nicely for the carmelized flavor and the juice can be added back to the stock liquid before cooking.

the one big complain i have is they are a pain to clean.

Kitchenelf,
Checkm out the info on the Blender vs. Smoothie thread. My choice, hands down, is the Vita-Mix. I use it every day, often several times a day.

I have a Champion 2000 juicer that I use to extract juice from all kinds of stuff: carrots, fennel, beets, etc. I then use the juice to make reductions for sauces, vinaigrettes, etc. It's a little, ok a lot more pricier than other juicers available but it's more versatile too (it can make nut butters, ice cream, etc.)

I have a commercial Champion which I have had for more than 25 years. Loved it. Then, the Vita-mix joined the family. I do still use the Champion for nut butters and "Sorbet"(I freeze pineapple, peaches, etc. and push them thru the Champion with the solid rather than screen attachhment in.) The Vita-Mix can do both tasks, but a little less room for error due to possibility of heating. I must admit that I can live without the Champion, but refuse to part with the Vita-Mix. I can see where the champion would be best for the liquids used for reductions. I'll give it a try.

I've never seen the Vita-Mix juicer, I may have to check it out. I've had such good results with Champion though it would be hard for me to switch. It's funny because every kitchen I've worked in, I had them each buy a Champion juicer for me. Then they all loved it and used it for all kinds of stuff.

I have a juiceman jr. I love my juiceman. I use it to juice all sorts of things. I love to juice!

My parents had a vita mix when I was growing up. My mom use to throw all sorts of stuff in there and used it to make sauces (I don't know how). It was nice but I really love my juiceman.

Ironchef,
Call a Costco near you and ask when the Vita-Mix Road Show (Demo.) will be in your area..Fun to watch and sample..
Dove

Dove said:
Ironchef,
Call a Costco near you and ask when the Vita-Mix Road Show (Demo.) will be in your area..Fun to watch and sample..
Dove

haha Dove, at first I thought "how does my hubby know about the Vita Mix Road Show?" then I realized it was you.

My parents got their VitaMix at the State Fair after watching a demo.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom