what else can i put in my soup? Cooking right now

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Julio

Senior Cook
I started cooking some chicken pieces that were to be used for stir fried chicken. I took them off the dutch oven halfway to finish cooking them in the soup. Then I put in 2 quarts of chicken broth, chopped some potatoes and some green onions and I put some fresh ground peppers and salt.

What else can I put in my soup?

I don't have celery, carrots :(

Great white northern beans (or black beans or any beans), diced tomatoes, carrots, mushrooms, garlic...and then at the last minute stir in some shredded arugula or spinach so it gets wilted but too infused into the rest of the soup. (you could even add a little milk and curry powder to that...and a teensy pinch of cayenne)

Thanks Mollyanne,

I forgot to mention that I had ramen noodles. I added them 2 minutes before the soup was done.

I'll keep those ingridients in mind when I make soup again.

Ever heard of "refrigerator soup", julio? What have you got in your refrigerator that are leftovers or just colorful, healthy, and screaming your name? ...throw it in...that's the fun of soup :)

good things in soup : FYI cauliflower, spinach, turnip, zucchini all of these are mild enough to pick up the flavor of your broth and are all good healthy veg.

I like to keep bunch of frozen vegies on hand for situation just like that. Brussel sprouts are one of my favorits, red bell pepper, green peas, couliflour(sp?), those go really well with chicken soup. And noodles are great addition.

Back
Top Bottom