What else do people put in their coffee?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hello Jurdoc

Those orange skins sound worth a try. I usuallly keep the zest, from my lemon and oranges in the fridge, for whatever.

I think i will skip the marijuana. I never liked it. So I no longer bother with it, at all.

Mel

Beer in your coffee Ronjon?
How many beers have u had, before u make the beer coffee?

Mel

That cafe brulet sounds good, Uncle Bob.
I think i will try that, when I get my hands on some cloves. I have run out.

Mel

Which part to the orange do u use, Uncle Bob?
The juice or the zest?

Mel

Mel! said:
Which part to the orange do u use, Uncle Bob?
The juice or the zest?

Mel

The whole peel...broken into several pieces....but this would be for say...4 or 5 regular cups maybe...tradtionally Cafe' Brulot is served demitasse...with very strong coffee.

Mel! said:
Beer in your coffee Ronjon?
How many beers have u had, before u make the beer coffee?

Mel

No, no beer in the coffee. (Bad)
The coffee goes in the beer! (GOOD!) :stuart:

John

Mel! said:
Hello Boufa

Are u going to tell us the name of that product or is it a secret?
I suppose, if it tastes fantastic, i would drink it at night, instead of my heavily caffinated drinks. I love tea(the caffinated kind) and coffee.

Mel
Mel, the one I am using now is called Premier Coffe (no spelling error on my part). It is a German product and is sold in health food stores here. The label lists as ingredients malt, chicory, barley, rye, figs and beetroot. It states that it is 100% caffeine free and that it is made entirely of natural ingredients without the addition of any artificial components. Unfortunately, the manufacturer is not listed on the label. The latter lists only the Greek importer.

I have also tried a similar product called Coffee Lite made in Switzerland. I do believe that there is most likely a similar French product as well.

I use this product very often especially in the evening and I consider it a very good coffee substitute.

Mel! said:
Hello Pdilippa

Caramel sounds good. But my waistline. If i did not drink so much coffee, I would put caramel in.

Mel

Mel!, Gosh, no I couldn't have it every time but once in awhile is very delish, also I have had Hazelnut, mmmm, very yumm. Coffee is good!!!:wacko: makes me a little awake if I have too much and especially late at night!.

My Dad put in Vanilla Ice Cream (and sometimes Whiskey) sometimes both.
guess he liked cold coffee

Dove said:
My Dad put in Vanilla Ice Cream (and sometimes Whiskey) sometimes both.
guess he liked cold coffee

Dove...

Your dad may have been going for "Irish Cream"...;) Sounds like he had good instincts...And I would wager you have those genes as well!!

Thanks uncle Bob

I presume, the peel goes in the filter, with the grinds?

Mel

Ron John

I really cant make up my mind, whether u are ruining good beer, or good coffee.

Mel

Thanks Boufa.

Since I live in Germany, maybe the shops will be giving out tasters of that. Then I can try it and see if I like it, before I buy.

Mel

Pdilippa

I wonder, if ground hazelnuts or almonds with the grinds in the filter would give a nutty taste. That would be great. Natural!!! I will try it, next time i have nuts, in the house.

Mel

Hello Dove

I think putting vanilla icecream, in coffee, is popular in France.
I have not yet tried it. But it does sound good.

Mel

Mel....

NO NO!! orange peels do not go in the coffee pot with the coffee...

It's mostly served as an after dinner coffee...in small demitasse cups as the coffee is quite strong!!

Rather than me typing a long recipe here...do a google search and you will find recipes and the "method" of preparing Cafe' Brulot....

Enjoy...

Hello Dina

That sounds like another one, for special occasions, only.
My poor waistline.

Mel

Back
Top Bottom