what foods do you always have around nomatter what?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

luvs

Master Chef
my kitchen is always filled with:
-brie, bleu cheese, proscuitto, and beef bresoala. always a little parmigiano reggiano.
-lemons, limes, garlic, shallots, worcestershire, sage and lots of other herbs, several different colors of peppercorns, capers, mustards, non-iodized seasalt, ginger, Kosher salt, olives from the antipasto bar at the store (bleu-cheese or roasted garlic-stuffed, yum! and sun-dried tomato-stuufed, too!), hot sauce, pickles
-whole milk, beer, vodka, vanilla ensure, and gingerale
-a delmonico steak and lamb rib chops in the freezer, plus a few kinds of fish and shellfish
-butter and heavy cream
-sour patch kids and jolly ranchers
-baby red potatoes, and oyster mushrooms, crimini mushrooms, a few portabellas, and shiitakes. fresh herbs. blue potatoes when the store has them in. blue potato chips. beef jerky.
-cans of balck beans, great northern beans, and consomme. tomato sauce.
-angelhair, somen noodles, udon noodles.
-olive oil, walnut oil, and sesame oil
-a Granny Smith apple. great with black pepper.
-unshelled brazil nuts or macadamias or raw almonds

that's it! anything else i need i shop for that day. but seeing as to how i am a snacker, these things work out pretty well for a pseudo-meal more often than not.

you?

milk, salt, pepper, mayo, eggs, bread, burgers, or frozen pizza for something quick. there's more but i just woke up and can't think
right now lol

Above and beyond the basics (sugar, flour, butter, etc.) I always have bacon, eggs, English muffins, bagels and Philly cream cheese, Bridgeford salami to munch with Hoffman's Smoky Sharp, and whatever fruit is in season (Haralson apples now). I also always have a couple Chuckwagon sandwiches in the refer for 60 second meals.

The three P's... and NO, I don't eat them together.. don't get any ideas!... they are Pasta, Peanut butter, and Pickles.

I love pasta.. you can make all sorts of meals with it, depending on the type. So, I keep different varieties on hand.

I love peanut butter, great for a sammich or to make a batch of cookies

I love pickles. I go to Walmart and buy a HUGE jar full for $2.99. It makes a great snack..I love the crunch!

potatoes, pasta (all varities), peanut butter, canned and frozen fruits and vegetables, cereal (hot and cold), bread, mayonnaise, mustard, katsup, pickles, steak sauces, salad dressing, coffee, tea, pop, ice, hamburger, chicken, eggs, milk, all kinds of seasonings, canned soups, butter, sugar, ariificial sweetner, flour, corn meal, crackers, olive oil, canola oil, corn oil, peanut oil, too much to list...

Ground Beef
Canned Tomatoes
Bread
Eggs
Cheese
Potatoes
Milk
Cereal
Flour
Tuna Fish
Pasta
Mayo
Dried beans
Dried Split Peas

Boy, you guys have some well stocked kitchens! We run out of everything on a regular and inconvenient basis except for

coffee
beer
peanut butter

plus half-full jars or containers of stuff we thought we would like but didn't, and can't bring ourselves to pitch.

ground beef, salsa, tortilla chips, cheddar cheese, guacamole or avocados, taco sauce, noodles, onions, garlic, soy sauce, potatoes, rice, lettuce, ranch dressing, milk, chicken, all sorts of veggies - canned, fresh, or frozen, eggs, kidney beans, black beans, etc.

Since it takes me an hour to get to a well-stocked store, I try to keep a wide variety of things on hand. Plus, it is cheaper to buy at the bigger stores than the local store.

SierraCook said:
ground beef, salsa, tortilla chips, cheddar cheese, guacamole or avocados, taco sauce, noodles, onions, garlic, soy sauce, potatoes, rice, lettuce, ranch dressing, milk, chicken, all sorts of veggies - canned, fresh, or frozen, eggs, kidney beans, black beans, etc.

Since it takes me an hour to get to a well-stocked store, I try to keep a wide variety of things on hand. Plus, it is cheaper to buy at the bigger stores than the local store.

erm, no gouda or brie? :shock:

Otter said:
luvs, what are blue potato chips? :?

just chips that you usually get in the organic foods section around here that are made from those blue potatoes.
have you seen those blue potatoes?
they're neat.

SierraCook said:
Actually, I do have both in the fridge right now!! :LOL: :LOL:

OH.. you have to rub it in!!!!! :x All I have are slices of provolone and some shredded cheddar.. oh and some Kraft Parmesan.

SierraCook said:
and the goat cheese I got on the coast.

ok.. have to keep rubbing it in.. I forgot to include some Marie's bleu cheese dressing.. if that counts.

Juliev said:
SierraCook said:
and the goat cheese I got on the coast.

ok.. have to keep rubbing it in.. I forgot to include some Marie's bleu cheese dressing.. if that counts.

hmmm... probably :D if you pick out the bleu cheese once it's on your salad!

Back
Top Bottom