What have you eaten today Sunday May 23, 2021?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

msmofet

Chef Extraordinaire
Dinner - DD and I shared calamari, antipasto rustica, minestone soup and tortellini escarole soup (I will eat the soup later or tomorrow).

calamari_antipasto_052321_IMG_8139.jpg

Filet Mignon, Roasted Turnips, Buttered Carrots, Lefty Cukes..........
It was a Big'n. so I added a few minutes to the oven time.......... took it a little closer to Medium than I like, but it's all gone anyway !

Filet Mignon, Roasted Turnips.jpg

Filet.jpg

Beer battered fried cod, hushpuppies and roasted garlic tartar sauce.

Attachments

• 2021-05-23 18.33.08.jpg
    2021-05-23 18.33.08.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 65
I brined a couple of pork chops, rubbed them with my house rub and grilled them. Made a batch of Potluck Potato Salad. SO made us tossed salads.

FCE60B85-9693-44E5-96CC-06110D99437D_1_105_c.jpg

I got out a loaf of rye bread to thaw last night, and had a liverwurst sandwich on that for lunch, and in a while I'll have another one. I also had some of that leftover gazpacho, and I'll finish that off later. I really didn't want to turn on a burner today, though I really didn't spend that much time in the 94° heat.

I made a salad of curly lettuce, Boston lettuce, young rainbow chard, endive, carrots, fartichoke, a few peas, some corn kernels, and some of the green part of a bunch of scallions. The scallions I get have not had the green part trimmed, so they are really long. I tossed the salad with vinaigrette. I put out some heated taco meat, shredded cheese, pickled jalapeños, a red and a green salsa, sour cream, and some Fritos, for extra crunch and that flavour.

I was to pooped out to take pictures. It was very good.

We haven't had Internet since early this morning!!! :mad:
So I occupied my time by making two, yes
different Lasagnas.

IMG_0594.jpg

IMG_0596.jpg

IMG_0597.jpg

IMG_0598.jpg

I made a Chicken & Spinach Alfredo
as well a Italian Sausage with Marinara.
All of the ingredients were gifted to me by
Mrs. Neighbor-Two-Doors-Over before they moved :(
So I made small-ish pans and shared.
I didn't care for the Alfredo one so much, but
I made that pan for me with the last of the
ingredients that didn't fit into the other 2 pans that I made.
I had been wanting to try this recipe, but, meh.

The Red Sauce pan was salty!
DH and I determined that it was the Italian Sausage,
not our brand. But a hunk of Italian crusty Bread helps
with alot of things in this World :LOL: that and a glass
of VINO!!!! :ROFLMAO:

It looks like we're all eating good in our neighborhoods tonight!

I made the ubiquitous tossed salads. The Main was sauteed asparagus, steamed broccoli, and pork tenderloin - which was marinated in a mojo "sauce" before I roasted it in the toaster oven. In lieu of potatoes, we had ciabatta rolls.
IMG_20210523_220518183.jpg

For Sunday Brunch, I had French toast with toasted pecans and maple syrup, breakfast snausages, and a caramel macchiato.

For Sunday dinner, I had a NY strip steak and mashed potatoes with mushroom gravy, wax beans, and a 2018 Monarch Glen Merlot - California

I had a small sirloin steak with lots of asparagus, some baked sweet potato, and salad. This is my new lifestyle plan to help with my health issues. The fact that I have kept 19 lbs off is the bonus!

TB had Italian sausages with sweet potato, cucumbers and tomatoes (his version of salad).

It was really hot yesterday, so we grilled outside. Country-style pork ribs finished with Sweet Baby Ray's, grilled potatoes with herby mayo and white vinegar, with some leftover steamed asparagus thrown in, and grilled pineapple. Butter pecan ice cream for dessert.
20210523_204416.jpg

Looks good, GG. We've never grilled potatoes. What kind do you use and do you par boil them before grilling?

I use either red or yellow baby potatoes and, yes, they're boiled first. I loosely follow this recipe, using whatever herbs need using or are abundant in the garden. They're just finished on the grill to give them some char. We have a cast iron grill wok we use.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.fo...d-potatoes-with-fine-herbs-recipe-2043288.amp

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom