What have you eaten, Tuesday, December 13, 2022?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

msmofet

Chef Extraordinaire
Beef stew and buttered bread to dip.

stew_121322_IMG_0408.jpg

I'm thinking we'll finish up yesterday's enchiladas...maybe with some re-fried beans this time. I've been working on tomorrow's dinner since Monday! Well, I started soaking the baked beans on Monday. Today, I'm cooking the beans today, seems like all day! They have the house smelling heavenly. The balance of tomorrow's dinner will be described, in full, in tomorrow's dinner thread! Oh, the suspense...LOL.

Msmofet, we had exactly the same thing for dinner tonight. The weather prediction was for cold and windy, so I made "comfort" food. The prediction was wrong, but the comfort was right on target!
I must admit, your stew looks better than mine . . . .

Produce + basket delivery today, so I planned on a grazing supper. I baked the last sausage out of the package of sausages I used for the soup yesterday. I reheated a chicken drumstick at the same time. I also heated some samosas. Then, there were cheeses and baguette and crackers on the table for munching as we chose. As far as the cheeses went, we only got to the Boursin and some spreadable, basil and chives goat cheese. I really liked that goat cheese. It would have been better with a bit of garlic. I also had some creton on a cracker. Another enjoyable meal of "smovsing". We sat around and picked at the food and had more wine. Very enjoyable.

I made spinach salads (bacon, raw mushrooms, black olives, shredded mozzarella, hard cooked egg, tomatoes, buttermilk dressing), then used some of the leftover beef for hot beef sandwiches on Irish oatmeal bread. I finished the leftover green beans while Himself had his lightly cooked Brussels sprouts.

20221213_221639.jpg

A pot of frozen collard greens, red skin potatoes and ham chunks seasoned with onion, garlic, and red pepper flakes.

A dish of sugar free vanilla ice cream for afters.

Back
Top Bottom