What have you had for lunch lately?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Had an all day out of town meeting. Governor's restaurant. Raspberry grilled chicken with tomato, red onion, and spinach in a tomato basil wrap, with raspberry dressing on the side. Really good!

Great idea to have for a special at work. Thanks!

does anyone make hot dog or spam salad anymore? i had nice kaiser rolls but no luncheon meat in the house. i fine diced two hot dogs, combined with hellman's mayo, pickle relish, black pepper and topped with butter lettuce--made a fiiine sandwich. i used to do that with spam a lot too. it had to be in secret though coz i couldn't be caught (by my friends) eating, liking or even harboring spam in my home. still don't know what made spam such an ostracized food back in the day....

I've never made either, Vit, but that doesn't mean I don't eat either of them, hot dogs moreso. About the only salad I make is tuna or chicken. I should really expand. I've had ham salad before and it was pretty good.

As a kid, we ate a lot of Spam, especially when we went to the lake in Canada for the summer. My dad called it Spork, and it was a constant on his fishing trips. I think we even fried and grilled it. It's a staple in Hawaii.

Bet your sammie was good, Vit! I just made a tuna salad, same stuff, all good!

Last edited:
I had a toasted bacon sandwich on honey wheat bread with a green salad & fresh tomatoes with blt dressing.

They fed us well today in the teachers lounge. Roasted tenderloin, broccoli cauliflower salad, all sorts of goodies.

curried creamed Kale (from the garden) topped with a pan-fried FRESH egg. A side of Thai inspired marinated cukes-zucchini-tomato-onion (also from the garden).

Back
Top Bottom