What have you had for lunch lately?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Today was a rare treat for me.

Deep fried haddock on a roll with the works.
Hand cut, double cooked, fries
Chocolate milk

This meal always reminds me of a little shack my parents used to take us to when we were young. The milk used to come in little glass bottles, the fish were much bigger and I was much smaller.

Today was a rare treat for me.

Deep fried haddock on a roll with the works.
Hand cut, double cooked, fries
Chocolate milk

This meal always reminds me of a little shack my parents used to take us to when we were young. The milk used to come in little glass bottles, the fish were much bigger and I was much smaller.
That sounds so good! There's a place in my hometown, NY that has the best fish-fries. People are lined out the door waiting to get in on Friday nights. They also have a great fish sandwich that comes with fries and coleslaw.

I'm not having lunch today.. breakfast was too filling.

Last edited:
I just had a bologna sandwich on whole grain bread with may, tomato, and provolone and a Grape Crush soda! :)

I made myself a plain salad that had iceberg lettuce, a little spinach, shredded cabbage, carrot and cheddar cheese with ranch dressing. Saltines were on the side.

Today, Mark and I had brunch, since we didn't go out until about 11-ish am. I had a taco salad. Mark had a western omelet, hash browns and toast.

Dinner is going to be mac-n-cheese with sliced hot dogs. That way the oven doesn't get turned on. Hopefully tomorrow, Tues and Wed, I can bake something.

Today I went south, in the Appennini mountains with my friend Mattia (the one with no horns in the photo below).

40791-albums376-picture2936.jpg

We went in this beautiful, typical restaurant, the Capanne di Cosola, and we had a plain, chaste and quick lunch…
Starters: cold cuts (pancetta, coppa, prosciutto crudo, salame), one tart with goat cheese covered by a slice of lard, a little round baked cake made with chess and ham, some local mushrooms with vinegar and dried cloves, then a last and wonderful thing made by a slice of eggplant, a slice of tomato, cheese and oregano, all melted together.
Pasta: tagliatelle with porcini mushrooms (you can find plenty of porcini in the woods around there), ravioli with braised meat.
Then we asked if they could prepare some "cappelle di porcini impanate", that is the mushrooms caps sliced, coated in breadcrumbs and fried.
We drank a bottle of Dolcetto, and finished with a couple of shots of a beautiful, dry, grappa made by the owner.
We didn't have any dessert...

Yesterday blt with avocado and fat juicy deep fried zucchini and Ranch dressing
Today homemade anti pasti with butter crackers.
kadesma

Today I went south, in the Appennini mountains with my friend Mattia (the one with no horns in the photo below).

We went in this beautiful, typical restaurant, the Capanne di Cosola, and we had a plain, chaste and quick lunch…
Starters: cold cuts (pancetta, coppa, prosciutto crudo, salame), one tart with goat cheese covered by a slice of lard, a little round baked cake made with chess and ham, some local mushrooms with vinegar and dried cloves, then a last and wonderful thing made by a slice of eggplant, a slice of tomato, cheese and oregano, all melted together.
Pasta: tagliatelle with porcini mushrooms (you can find plenty of porcini in the woods around there), ravioli with braised meat.
Then we asked if they could prepare some "cappelle di porcini impanate", that is the mushrooms caps sliced, coated in breadcrumbs and fried.
We drank a bottle of Dolcetto, and finished with a couple of shots of a beautiful, dry, grappa made by the owner.

Wow, and all I had was a subway sandwich. What an interesting lunch....

Just being there would be enough dessert for me. Sounds fantastic!

WOW, what a lunch.. doesn't seem plain to me at all!!

I had a pocket sandwich using the tortilla and stuffed pepper filling from last night. I added mozz cheese and green pepper. I guess you could call it a stuffed pepper wrap.

WOW, what a lunch.. doesn't seem plain to me at all!! ...

Wow, and all I had was a subway sandwich. What an interesting lunch....

Luca, there is NO WAY that could be classified as a plain, chaste, and quick lunch in my book!

Just being there would be enough dessert for me. Sounds fantastic!

:LOL: Mattia and me planned to go around in the province, looking for good old food, at least once in a fortnight, so stay tuned!!! And I'm afraid I will never be able to eat desserts, unless I have them as starters... :)
Next time we're going to portray pigs, not cows :pig:

:LOL: Mattia and me planned to go around in the province, looking for good old food, at least once in a fortnight, so stay tuned!!! And I'm afraid I will never be able to eat desserts, unless I have them as starters... :)
Next time we're going to portray pigs, not cows :pig:

The cow looks like it's posing for the camera, lol.

Back
Top Bottom