What have you had for lunch lately?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
!/2 sandwich w the crust cut off: ham, swiss & yellow mustard, a small scoop of cottage cheese & potato salad & 1/2 oz of plain ripple chips.

!/2 sandwich w the crust cut off: ham, swiss & yellow mustard, a small scoop of cottage cheese & potato salad & 1/2 oz of plain ripple chips.

Very good! Back on track. Glad to see it. It seems since the surgery, you were having difficulty getting back to your routine. Understandable. After all the doctor was having you eat foods that weren't on your diet. It probably seemed like you were starting right at the beginning again.

Question: Do you feel satisfied and somewhat full with the amount you are allowing yourself for each meal?

I don't eat much only because my stomach can't take it. But about twice a year I get the feeling that I want to eat a meal that leaves me feeling like most folks on Thanksgiving. So full you can't even get up from the table to go take a nap. Only I feel miserable for two days. And I am so sorry I even ate just a bite. All I can do is hope it goes through my system really fast. :angel:

Yum, love hot dogs, do you have tomato sauce/ketchup with them Ads?

Nope. I steam them and eat them plain. No relish, ketchup or roll. Just plain. I buy a local brand that is made in the town next to me. They are mild and not highly seasoned. And they are kosher. There are two sides to the plant. One is non Kosher and the other side is very strictly Kosher. You have to be Jewish to work on that side. The ones I buy have the natural casing and snap when you bite into them. I buy the ten pound box. They last me a month. If I can keep Spike out of them. (And Teddy begging me for a bite!) :angel:

Chops, do you have that mixed together?

Sometimes yes, sometimes no. This time yes, with soy sauce. Chicken and broccoli with Alfredo sauce is good too. Also good with red sauce and parm cheese. I could go on and on........:yum:

Very good! Back on track. Glad to see it. It seems since the surgery, you were having difficulty getting back to your routine. Understandable. After all the doctor was having you eat foods that weren't on your diet. It probably seemed like you were starting right at the beginning again.

Question: Do you feel satisfied and somewhat full with the amount you are allowing yourself for each meal?

I don't eat much only because my stomach can't take it. But about twice a year I get the feeling that I want to eat a meal that leaves me feeling like most folks on Thanksgiving. So full you can't even get up from the table to go take a nap. Only I feel miserable for two days. And I am so sorry I even ate just a bite. All I can do is hope it goes through my system really fast. :angel:
Not real full, just satisfied. I try & keep myself busy enough so I do not think about it.:angel::angel:

Lunch today was a quick burger. Dh was insistant about beef tonight for supper. The 1st time in a very long time I ate 58 grams of protein today. I'm about ready to get to bed now & do not feel in the least bit hungry.

Most days I eat whatever is leftover for lunch, or sometimes a bowl of soup. Nothing too exciting. I do want to share with you what DH has for lunch every weekday, the man eats the same thing every day!! He makes two ham and cheese wraps, bags 8 baby carrots and takes 2-3 cookies (depending on their size). I am posting some pics, I'm going to see if I can get him a second job as a "sandwich artist" what do you think? Lol!!!

image-1456141252.jpg

Ham and some of the veggies

image-1644889561.jpg

After the cheese

image-649313463.jpg

After the lettuce

image-2261018040.jpg

The finished product!

Most days I eat whatever is leftover for lunch, or sometimes a bowl of soup. Nothing too exciting. I do want to share with you what DH has for lunch every weekday, the man eats the same thing every day!! He makes two ham and cheese wraps, bags 8 baby carrots and takes 2-3 cookies (depending on their size). I am posting some pics, I'm going to see if I can get him a second job as a "sandwich artist" what do you think? Lol!!!

They look delicious! I love cucumber sandwiches, just with cucumber and mayo, but just recently I heard of putting cucumbers on a deli meat sandwich. Yummy! That lettuce looks like romaine? Is it? Looks very tasty and refreshing. I'll bet his co-workers are so jealous.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom