What have you had for lunch lately?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
After Thanksgiving dinner I didn't think I would ever eat again, but around 2pm, I wasn't really hungry but I had a need to eat something, so I made a Titanic salad, without lifeboats.

Saw somewhere that someone had poached eggs over stuffing with gravy for breakfast. Thought I'd try it. I didn't enjoy it as much as I expected to.

I made hot dogs for lunch! No big deal, I know...but I made them on the new Blackstone E Griddle (electric). I'm kind of found of Dodger Dog style, grilled hot dogs. I used half the griddle for the wieners and half for toasting the buns. It worked out well. I can see using this to make hot dogs at a campout, easily.

So, baby steps! As usual, the instructions are written for a 5-year-old...and I'm long past that age, so it takes me a bit to figure out what they are saying...or showing pictures of, if you know what I mean? Turning it off is the trickiest part. There's a button within the knob, and you have to push in the button and turn it without turning the knob in order to turn it off. To top it off, the griddle likes to make little bell noises to mark an event. Turning on, getting to temp, turning off...so, 6 bells for 2 hot dogs. My youngest Corgi does not like new anything, especially noises. She still runs to daddy's lap when I turn the new Air Fryer on. Sigh. Maybe I need to get her some ear plugs?

I took a square of leftover enchilada pie, added 4 tbs. leftover chili, heated in the microwave, took my phosphate binders, and enjoyed a spicy, flavorful lunch. The corn tortilla, black beans, and antelope really added great flavor when put together.:chef:

Seeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

I'm practicing...hoping to come up with a wreath for Christmas...this is today's lunch. I would use more basil for Christmas, but I think it would be cute for brunch or appetizer?

IMG_5896 (2).jpg

Maybe post a comment in that thread asking for tips.

There's a thought! I have a feeling this one is best made another way?
smileys-thinking-082618.gif

Lunch today was a flame grilled burger patty, moist, juicy, with that fire smoke flavor I love, dressed simply with catsup, 2 tomato slices, and thin-sliced sweet red onion. No bun, or cheese, just pure burger flavor. A cup of gnocchi soup accompanied the burger.

IMG_1372.jpg

A very simple lunch today, Won Ton Soup.
I keep a jar of Hondashi pushed all the way to the back of the `fridge, the coldest place with the lid on it as tight as I can get it, just for crumby days like today.
It's super ugly out, cloudy, gloomy, damp and I was in need of some soul comforting food.
I found a Baby Bok Choy in the crisper that needed to be eaten as well some Green Onions.
I always have frozen dumplings on hand as well.
AAAAAHHHHH!
*belch*
That was good!

Love wonton soup. How do you make your wontons? Here's how I do it:
Ingredients:
Chicken dark meat, shrimp, scallops, or pork, depending on mood
small dice (not minced) water chestnuts
small dice bok choy
small dice fresh onion
small dice bamboo shoots
1 tsp. fresh grated ginger
3 garlic cloves, minced
1 cup fresh mung bean sprouts
1/4 tsp. 5-spice powder
3 tbs. mirin
3 tbs. soy sauce
1 tbs. toasted sesame oil
2 tbs. cooking oil
Won ton skins
1 tsp. corn starch

Heat oil in heavy skillet, or wok. Add protean, and stir to lightly brown. Remove to a bowl. Add veggies, garlic, and stir fry until just lightly tenderized. They need to still be tender-crisp. Remove to the same mixing bowl as the protein. Add remaining ingredients to the bowl. Stir to coat well. Prepare a finger bowl with water, and a bit of cornstarch. Prepare won ton skins, and wet edges with the slurry. Place a heaping tsp. of filling onto the wonton skin. Fold sides inward, and corners to center. Let sit on cooling rack for 5 minutes. Place into broth suitable for the filling, along with fine chopped green onion. Serve with bubble tea.

Tip: These are really good fried, served with Hoisin Sauce, ketchup and mustard powder, or sweet & sour sauce. A little wasabi, or horseradish is good with them too.

IMG_1659.jpg

I have been so ono (that's Hawaiian speak for real hungry for ... )
for Dumplings!
I don't know why, but I gave and made me a bowl.
Real simple, Trader Joe's Pork & Vegetable Gyoza, boiled, drained plated with some chopped Green Onion and some bottled Dumpling Sauce :yum:
That should hold me :)

I just thought of something.
When DH & I go to our local Asian Bistro we always have an order of Dumplings and they charge $9 for an order just like this!

Love Wontons and Dumplings.:wub:
Looks super yummy Kgirl.

I haven't made any in ages. :angel: But for that price you could make enough from scratch (well not the dough - just easier to buy) for 4 or 5 snacks for you and DH.

Back
Top Bottom