What have you had for lunch lately?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I went deep freezer diving and came up with this ~
IMG_2751.JPG
For DH: homemade Lentil, Italian Sausage and Kale Stoup (Rachael Ray's really thick Soup/or Chef John's Stew), topped with a goodly drizzle of Olive Oil and it snowed freshly micro planed Parm.
IMG_2753.JPG
Local-style Beef Stew&Rice for Moi, ONO!

Last edited:
@rodentraiser, you can always freezer the bacon to use another time.

*just an aside: I can't believe how much Soup DH has been accepting this year, really! He's not a soup-guy, but for some reason, maybe the kinds I've been making this Soup-Season, dunno 🤷🏽‍♀️
Does he like stews? Because that bowl of minestrone is a little lot short of broth.

@rodentraiser, you can always freezer the bacon to use another time.

Does he like stews? Because that bowl of minestrone is a little lot short of broth.
He likes soups with loads of goodies in it.
I prefer a balance of goodies to broth. 🤷🏽‍♀️
I keep the pasta separate from the soup until service.

1/2 lb of boiled crisp asparagus (thank you Mexico) and a big bowl of italian farro lentil stew.

Thursday, I had a look in the freezer and spotted the smoked sturgeon. Now that was definitely one item that I didn't want to have go bad with the power out. So, we had smoked sturgeon with Wasa crisp rye bread with mayo and sliced onion. It was really good.

The last two days I used up the end of that chole masala that I made a few days ago. I made something that was sort of like a tostada, using 2 corn tortillas each time, tosted briefly on an open gas flame, some of the leftover bean mix, spread about a half inch thick on the first tortilla, with some queso fresco crumbled on it, before putting the second tortilla on top, with more queso fresco crumbled on, then heated in the MW - 4.2 min @ 50%, worked just right. The tortillas and queso fresco aren't really much different than using Indian flatbreads, and some paneer.

Funny you should ask that, taxy. Originally I was going to use the 12" CI but for some reason I just grabbed the 8". Both fit in the Toaster Oven.
I've done the 8" several times and I was wondering if the bread would spread a bit flatter in the 12" - why did I grab the 8"?? - who knows...

Funny you should ask that, taxy. Originally I was going to use the 12" CI but for some reason I just grabbed the 8". Both fit in the Toaster Oven.
I've done the 8" several times and I was wondering if the bread would spread a bit flatter in the 12" - why did I grab the 8"?? - who knows...
I asked because, my 10" cast iron skillet won't fit in my toaster oven. I have a few smaller ones, but I'm not sure what size they are. Stirling acquired them before I moved in. I guess they are actually his. All of "my" cast iron is enamelled.

Back
Top Bottom