what "ingredients"/ cooking staples do you make?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That I can think of right now:

Clarified butter (or Ghee, whatever you want to call it)
chicken stock
seafood stock
Mexican seasoning blend
Blackened seasoning blend
poultry seasoning blend (need to reformulate)

I totally agree with it costing more to make great beef stock than to buy a steak. I can't find any good soup bones here (one's with lots of catilage), like a knuckle/knee, while I can get some oxtails, but they're EXPENSIVE! I guess I'm going to have to special-order some from a local butcher.

I'm going to start keeping roasted garlic puree on hand, as I've started making Chicken with 40 Cloves of Garlic fairly frequently. I just puree the garlic when the dish is done, add some to the mashed potatoes, and save the rest for other uses.

I plan on getting an herb garden going this year, since I have a house now. I'm going to get some basil going (and some other stuff), and plan on making some pesto.

BTW, SizzlinIN, I live in Jackson, MI

As most of you know, I have everything on hand to prepare a meal as I do not use boxes, frozen foods (except in rare cases from TJ's) or cans. I do, however, have Fish Sauce, soy sauce, wasabi powder, Hoison sauce, green & red currry sauce, capers, olives (kalmata, black, garlic green, and stuffed), pickles, worcheshire sauce, ketchup (ugh, only use it as a seasoning in my teriyaki sauce or on meatloaf), I roast tomatoes and red and yellow, peppersfor cooking and salad dressings, make my own spice mixes for meats, bread crumbs I make, white vermouth, chicken, vegetable and beef stock for cooking, . Cannot remember all of the stuff.

Stuff that we always make to have on hand in the restaurant:

Lobster Stock
Veal Stock
Chicken Stock
Beef Stock

Chive Oil
Parsley Oil
Basil Oil
Roasted Garlic Oil
Paprika Oil
Curry Oil
Ancho Chili Oil
Lobster Oil
Wasabi Oil
Vanilla Oil

Preseved Lemon
Preserved Lime
Preserved Sour Orange

Citrus Salt
Chili Salt Blend (Cayenne, Ancho, Pasilla, Chipotle, and New Mexico)

Back
Top Bottom