What is for Dinner, Monday 9-5-11?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

haroldathampton

Assistant Cook
Using up the last of my loin roast and adding it to some noodles and a can of cream of mushroom soup. A poor man's stroganoff.

I have no idea.. I know it's going to be something with lots of vegies.

What are you having?............if you're in the US, probably something on the grill

Great idea Andy. I was going to make a big pot of soup (I still might) but we have some freezer stuff I have to start eating.. meat sauce is one of the items.

Asthma attack once more - only things that seem to go down okay for me this time are apples and lemonade.

I still have to make something for my men, but haven't decided yet. There's a deal on rotisserie chickens at the market today so I might start there.

I got a ball of pizza dough out of the freezer and hope to make pizza this evening. It probably won't be too loaded. Just some sausage and pepperoni, maybe some onion.

Grilled mushroom & wild rice veggie burgers with roasted peppers on homemade focaccia rolls. I also made spicy no-mayo coleslaw using Mark Bittman's recipe.

hope you're breathing easier, lp.

tonight, it's meataballs and pisketti for us.

i'm watching tony bourdain in naples, and while he was disparaging italian american cooking to a degree, it made me crave meatballs and pasta from the opening segment.

and he managed to make neapolitan pizza look gross, undercooked and runny. weird episode.

not sure yet. still feeling yucky so am not very hungry.

I sure hope you get to feeling better very soon, babetoo!

Soup! Lots of soup! Sometimes when you start eating it, you will become hungry!

Rest as much as you can. Drink as much water based beverages as possible.

My best wishes for a speedy recovery!

i'm watching tony bourdain in naples, and while he was disparaging italian american cooking to a degree, it made me crave meatballs and pasta from the opening segment.

I've eaten in Naples, and other places in Italy. I much prefer the American version of Italian food. I know that it's not the same, but Italian food varies so widely even in different regions of Italy. Although I do believe the best pizza I ever had was from a brick oven in Sicily!

We just finished our Labor Day meal. I have to say that it was amazing. All props go to the ingredients. Whole foods rock.

Gorgonzola crusted filet mignon (grass fed, non-certified organic), corn on the cob from just around the corner, tomatoes from our garden, baked yukon gold potatoes, and grilled asparagus (also local). Dessert is homemade pumpkin pie (pumpkin from a tin :)) that we'll have a little later. True bliss. Even I couldn't screw up this menu. ;) I will say that the steaks were perfectly grilled and the gorgo crust on them was heavenly. My 9yo dd kept going on and on about the gorgonzola cheese tasting so nice with the steak. I usually do either a wine reduction or a béarnaise, so this was new for us at home (have had it eating out). The rest of the meal kind of did its own thing and turned out great because the sides were just simple.

Last edited:
Foil pouch pork chops with apple butter, baked zucchini sticks, and stuffing.

edit: zucchini sticks from this thread. Excellent!

Last edited:
Chicken Pam w/pasta and a salad.

The little 1950's state of the art supermarket in the next town has started offering "cubed" chicken and pork made in the same way that cube steaks are done. I had never seen those before. The chicken "steaks" were perfect for the chicken parm.

Tonight's Dinner: Tomato-Garlic Pizza

My homemade Pie,
39817-albums371-picture2951.jpg

Old fashioned tuna noodle casserole.

Will check out the Lean Cuisine, Babe!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom