What is the best way of getting rid of moth in home?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kenny1999

Senior Cook
I have been living here for more than 10 years without major change in living style. This year I am experiencing serious moth problems that I did never experience before.

I do not know its specific name but I know it's probably kind of moth that feed
on my clothing and flying in my bedroom. I am killing more than 10 every day
, I have been dusting more frequently recently but they just keep coming, I am
really so frustrated because I cannot find its source. I never put any clothing in
my bedroom so I think they cannot feed on clothes, I have cleaned out all the food residue and placed some cedar blocks in the wardrobe...

I am so frustrated and annoyed.....

Is vacuum cleaning the best way of getting rid of them?

Kenny, do you live in an apartment? It's possible that the moths are coming from someone else's place. We had a similar problem once and the owner of the building had a pest control company treat the entire building.

Kenny, do you live in an apartment? It's possible that the moths are coming from someone else's place. We had a similar problem once and the owner of the building had a pest control company treat the entire building.

Hi. Yes I am living in an apartment but we do not live with strangers, they are my family and we are aware of the hygiene and problems.

Did you mean, probably only hiring a pest control company to have control over the entire building is the only way to solve the problems? It is quite impossible in my situation.....

kenny, poor you! I feel your frustration.

I've found over the years that insects seem to have cycles. One year I will be vexed with ants, another year june bugs, then daddy longlegs, - this year seems to be the year of crickets!

Hi. Yes I am living in an apartment but we do not live with strangers, they are my family and we are aware of the hygiene and problems.

Did you mean, probably only hiring a pest control company to have control over the entire building is the only way to solve the problems? It is quite impossible in my situation.....

Kenny,
What kind of ceiling do you have?
Is it stucco (sp) ?
Or flat just painted?
The room that had a moth problem here was stucco.
I did everything you've done.The problem was still around.
Until I looked up and actually saw that they had laid eggs in the ceiling.
They were hard to see because the ceiling was painted white.
I covered things in a tarp, Then took a good old fashioned broom and swept the ceiling. Some of the egg sacks didn't want to go.A flat head screwdriver got them out.

Munky.

Kenny,
What kind of ceiling do you have?
Is it stucco (sp) ?
Or flat just painted?
The room that had a moth problem here was stucco.
I did everything you've done.The problem was still around.
Until I looked up and actually saw that they had laid eggs in the ceiling.
They were hard to see because the ceiling was painted white.
I covered things in a tarp, Then took a good old fashioned broom and swept the ceiling. Some of the egg sacks didn't want to go.A flat head screwdriver got them out.

Munky.

Hello Munky

Probably stucco now because I HAD wallpaper made for the ceiling years ago but some of them fell off so I removed them all.....

However, I have been living here for 10+ years without any renovation but I did NOT observe any moth until this year.... if the problem is due to the
materials of my apartment I think the problem should have come already many years ago isn't it????

Hello Munky

Probably stucco now because I HAD wallpaper made for the ceiling years ago but some of them fell off so I removed them all.....

However, I have been living here for 10+ years without any renovation but I did NOT observe any moth until this year.... if the problem is due to the
materials of my apartment I think the problem should have come already many years ago isn't it????

I would say so.. Did you paint after removing the wallpaper?
Maybe they are trying to tell you something. "Put it back!" Just kidding. :)
Buying a bug zapper might help you. Moths like light. In your case just watching them get zapped might be therapeutic.

I'd be laughing. GOTCHA!!! :ROFLMAO::angel:

Munky.

Back
Top Bottom