What is the first restaurant you will go to?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
For us it would either be the Chinese or Indian Restaurant we frequent.
Hot and Sour Soup, Vegetable Pan Fired Noodles, Spring roll.
The Indian place has a buffet with 5 or 6 vegetarian options which differ each day.

My choice would likely be Hy's steak house in Vancouver - and I'll have a med.-rare rib-eye - but only if they have arranged suitable distancing of their table layouts.

We don't eat out much locally so there isn't one here that we would go to first over any other. But the one we can't wait to go to is Food for Thought in Williamsburg, VA., and that requires an overnight trip.

Our first stop will be Doe's Eat Place to split a 1 and 1/2lb bone in rib eye.. Next will be Nonna's Italian Cafe for any number of great dishes..

As an aside, I let Jeannie know that I will not be cooking that first week.. ;)

Ross

I never go out, or order out, but that Mexican restaurant in town here would be the one that I'd go to. I always make my own Mexican (and everything, for that matter!), but I buy a lot of my ingredients in the grocery in the front of the place, and the owner is the one that I give my excess epazote to, when I trim it several times a year. They make authentic Mexican - years ago the Mexican restaurants in this area were what I termed "glorified Taco Bells", but they've come a long way since then!

Probably Mickey Ds, or Burger King. I have been eating canned sardines and dolmas for lunch for the last few weeks. It gets old, though still yummy.

I miss my quick drive through breakfast on the way to the jobsite.

We have only done takeout once from the local Mexican place.

Probably our favorite Mexican place. It's a bit of a drive, too far for takeout though, but it's worth it!

We don't eat out much locally so there isn't one here that we would go to first over any other. But the one we can't wait to go to is Food for Thought in Williamsburg, VA., and that requires an overnight trip.

That is a good place! Always very busy. It's about 30 mins from where I live. It took us 3 tries before we got in! Every time we tried the wait was at least an hour and DH won't wait that long to eat any where. We finally made it and the food was fabulous!

Our first stop out will probably be Texas Roadhouse. We don't do steaks at home much since we no longer have a grill so those are always a treat. We also like a new Mexican place in town locally owned. I hope they will still be around when this is over since they were only open 2 months before the shut down.

That's going to depend on which restos are still in business and if they are doing the social distancing well. Heck, we may just wait until there's a vaccine and have delivery from some of the places that are temporarily closed.

Our restaurant list is very short - there are only three or four we like, and one is always just carry out for us anyway. I think we'll head up to our favorite Irish pub, O'Connor's, when this is all over. As a plus, their tables and booths have always been well-spaced. Only the bar is tight quarters.
We love that place! We found it on a trip through Williamsburg and can't wait until we can route our way through there again.

That is a good place! Always very busy. It's about 30 mins from where I live. It took us 3 tries before we got in! Every time we tried the wait was at least an hour and DH won't wait that long to eat any where. We finally made it and the food was fabulous!

Our first stop out will probably be Texas Roadhouse. We don't do steaks at home much since we no longer have a grill so those are always a treat. We also like a new Mexican place in town locally owned. I hope they will still be around when this is over since they were only open 2 months before the shut down.
Yes they are always very busy. Summer weekends are the longest wait time. Next time you go call ahead for waitlist seating. It isn't a reservation but it does shorten the wait time some.

Salvatore's Italian Restaurant here in Ohio. It's owned by an actual Italian-American guy who was born in Italy. His beautiful niece works there too. Nice family, great food. I miss their delicious rolls and bread.

We love that place! We found it on a trip through Williamsburg and can't wait until we can route our way through there again.

Same for us. We found it back in 2012 on our first trip to Williamsburg. The ad in the magazine looked interesting and I loved the name.

They are currently doing take out and curbside orders. [emoji106]

Deacon's Family Restaurant, locally owned by a sweet girl! I'm having liver and onions and the best salad bar in the state.

Of course, Mom and Dad will have to go with, so it will be a good time. Dad likes the liver and onions, too!

To be honest, even if they opened everything up tomorrow, it will still be a while before I go to any restaurant. But my son and I have two places we're going to go to. The first place, Olive Garden. I know a lot of people don't like the place, but we do and I'm gonna go pig out on lots of stuff, including the salad. I could go to Olive Garden for the salad alone.

Our next place will be Hofbrauhaus. It's a German restaurant that has the most amazing food. I'm part German (other part Dutch) and grew up on the authentic foods this restaurant serves.

A 3rd choice will be Ding Ho, our favorite Chinese place.

More than likely it will be one of our breakfast stops. For dinner, as Karen mentioned, Casa Maya for Mexican. Karen's BD is Cinco de Mayo, but I doubt they will be open for sit down service by then.:ermm:

We should have been in Honolulu Hawaii by the time they "open things up" and there's 2 places that I am soooooooooooo missing:

DSC00171.jpg

Genki Sushi
for ALL of the goodies there!

and

DSC00109.jpg

Young's Fish Market
for Hawaiian Food!

:cry:
*sniff*
This won't happen probably for another year or more... you're gonna wait until the Airlines get it all figured out.

A favorite neighborhood Chinese place had a fire a year ago, and they were almost re-built and ready to open when all that came to a halt. We've been missing them a long time.

We like to go out for breakfast more than other meals. So I expect breakfast will be one of our first go-to places. As opposed to to-go meals.

I like Ross's way of thinking :LOL:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom